PDA

View Full Version : La Nonne

fishhard
01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Has anyone been fishing this lake, this winter? Hows the ice and fishing been?.
Thank You.

Stonecutter
01-12-2017, 08:33 AM
I was out before Christmas in the bay next to Connie May's store - to the west of that access and all the way down to the knobby thing that sticks out just south of there.

Fished all the varying depth I could find.

Fished in the weeds (you could see right through the ice).

Fished away from the weeds.

Fished right next to the weeds.

Tried jigs, spoons, perch hooks of varying variety.

Fished high in the water, deep in the water.

Tried maggots, mealworms, preserved shrimp and minnows.

I saw two fish on the marcum in the five hours I was there but they weren't interested in anything I was presenting.

Was still a beautiful sunny day.

fishhard
01-12-2017, 09:03 AM
WoW!! Used to fish that same general area 6 to 7 years ago and it was a great fishery for all species. What happened?

3blade
01-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Walleye happened. Used to have a trailer out there, could easily catch every species in a single day, including perch that averaged 10 inches. They closed the walleye fishery and the damn things ate everything and stunted. Just like every other lake they manage like this.

waterninja
01-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Also, there have been some Winterkill and Summerkill reports at Nonne last couple of years.

wildwoods
01-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Very strange. The water levels appear to be rebounding.
OP maybe just "one of those days"?
We've had good success north shore- just north of killdeer. Have never ice fished it though

fishhard
01-12-2017, 10:28 AM
that is really sad to hear. It seems that all alberta lakes are headed in that direction.
I have a few friends that do not even buy an Alberta fishing licence any more but instead buy a BC or Sask licence because the fishing in Alberta is going down the tubes.

FISHBATTEREDBEER
01-12-2017, 02:45 PM
that is really sad to hear. It seems that all alberta lakes are headed in that direction.
I have a few friends that do not even buy an Alberta fishing licence any more but instead buy a BC or Sask licence because the fishing in Alberta is going down the tubes.

Tried 3 times last yr,just another collapsed Alberta lake.There was talk about pumping a bunch of water into it from the Pembina river a few yrs ago and damming it to regulate the water levels.Last I heard "they" estimated the volume of water needed and cost and .......done!

curtis_rak
01-14-2017, 03:21 PM
The lake isn't collapsed. I've had lots of days in the summertime (this summer) full of plentiful pike and the occasional walleye.

The lake is full of structure and I've hit spots about 68' deep with the sonar. You gotta look around and explore.... I fish it regularly and some days are better than others for sure. But they are there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alberta Bigbore
01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Two seasons ago the perch fishing was fantastic early season. Towards later season. Really skinny. Didn't fish it last season but went once this season and caught a legal pike.... but released it. No perch caught that day. Tried 5 fow all the way out to 25.

sureshot
01-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Two seasons ago the perch fishing was fantastic early season. Towards later season. Really skinny. Didn't fish it last season but went once this season and caught a legal pike.... but released it. No perch caught that day. Tried 5 fow all the way out to 25.

That was a fun day.