PDA

View Full Version : Perchin

Gumbi
01-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Fun day on the lake no monsters but lots of action. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pH5K9vgOnj4

cschache
01-12-2017, 06:37 PM
cant beat that! thanks for the vid. what camera do you use?

Iceman80
01-12-2017, 06:50 PM
cant beat that! thanks for the vid. what camera do you use?

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FISHBATTEREDBEER
01-12-2017, 08:20 PM
I prefer hand lining off a spool for perch to feel the bite.I will often let the line limp for 2-3 seconds before I set the hook.It gives em time to swim away a bit and set the hook nicely.I can feel the lightest bump,I suppose you could do the same off the line on a rod.I will change between diff baits and hooks regularly as well.Many times the bite will slow and anything diff will trigger them.3 feet away I will have a second still bait ,this works for walleye too.

linger
01-12-2017, 10:28 PM
sometimes when perch fishing i go back old school by useing a stick just watch the kink in the line for those light biters:)

Gumbi
01-14-2017, 06:51 PM
The cameras a Marcum vs385c no complaints works great.

TylerThomson
01-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Nice video. I got the same camera never had a problem either.

People can say whatever they want about hand lining and I do it sometimes when I'm in a pinch but you can never convince me it's better than using a rod. Get yourself a nice tickle stick or snitch or whatever your preference is and you will see every bite you feel. Plus you got the back bone to set the hook and the ability to bring in bigger fish. I caught two legal pike just the other day on an ul snitch with a small chandelier hook and 4lb fluorocarbon leader.

Keep up the vids whenever I'm at work or its to cold to fish I'm a YouTube fishing junkie lol.