PDA

View Full Version : Burnstick ice?

Snazyevey
01-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Anyone been out to brmurnstick lately. What's the ice like? I assume it's probably close to 18".

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

lakeman
01-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Was only 12inchs where i was yesterday. i was shocked when we drove out and drilled a hole!!

Snazyevey
01-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Was only 12inchs where i was yesterday. i was shocked when we drove out and drilled a hole!!
Wow. That surprises me. So much for driving out on it tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Alta_Redneck
01-14-2017, 07:49 PM
It's been 5 years or so since I've got out on the ice, are people still landing lots of perch out there or has it slowed down?

Gumbi
01-14-2017, 08:05 PM
It's been 5 years or so since I've got out on the ice, are people still landing lots of perch out there or has it slowed down?

Dicks all day. Stunted little fellas

Bigwoodsman
01-14-2017, 08:14 PM
What's the snow pack like on the lake?

BW

Snazyevey
01-15-2017, 07:47 PM
What's the snow pack like on the lake?

BW

Managed a few small perch that was it. I had a larger fish on (probably a pike) about 10 minutes after we got there. Didn't land it and didn't have another hit till i targeted perch in 25' of water. Thought fishing might be better in shallower water but that didn't happen today.
It was only my second time at the lake. So clearly I still don't know it very well.

Ice was anywhere from 12" to 16" depending on where we were on the lake.
About a foot of snow on top and then a few inches of slush underneath. Still able to drive my SUV out on the ice.

If anyone has any tips that would be great! Its a nice lake and I'm excited to try it in the summer with the fly rod.

dangerranger5143
01-15-2017, 09:41 PM
Hi all,

Was out there from 9-3 today. Accessed from the South side of the lake. Pulled 2 older gentlemen put within 5 minutes of being on the lake. Very nice guys.

Caught 50 or so. Nothing really big. A couple that made the little guys look small. Ice was 12" or maybe a little more. Snow was about 10-12" deep. Definetly need a 4WD to access. Some flood water. Seemed to increase throughout the day with the above normal temps.

When leaving found another truck stuck right at the entersnce. Quick thinking and some fancy driving avoided us getting stuck. All said and done was a good day.

DR