PDA

View Full Version : Fishing trip advise.

lipripper
04-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hello all,I would like to pick your brains in regards to a family fishing trip.
My wife and I have been thinking about booking a week at a lake way up north with Mikisew air sport fishing.You know,only cabin on a trophy pike/laker lake,remote getaway sort of thing.I cant seem to find to much in the way of vacations like that in alberta.I know they must be out there.It doesnt have to be a "fly-in",but would love to rent a cabin for a week or 2 as well as a aluminum on a decent lake,perferibly somewhat private.
I could be my poor "googling" skills but cant seem to find to many sites like that.
Any advise would be great.
thanks

Full Curl
04-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Been with Mikisew many times. Always a good time. Actually just cancelled our July 5-10 trip to Charles Lake south camp.:cry: My wife enjoys these trips as well. They like to see groups of six to fill the plane and camp but we have went with just 4 or 5 people also. PM me if you'd like some info.

PoorTurtle
04-11-2009, 12:15 PM
you cant go wrong with mikisew. spent 5 day on cornwall lake last june and loved it. the cabin (the only cabin on the lake) is on a island. the west side of the island is shallow with jacks, and the east side is 100ft deep with lakers.
we caught lots of fish but never got any monster in the boat. if you want to see some pictures of the trip you can check out my web page. sorry i cant post the link do to AO rules but you can pm me.