PDA

View Full Version : Best new bow for the money?

Bean
03-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Just looking to find some info on some of the new arrow flinging equipment. Ive heard good things about matthews and archery reasearch, but dont want to put the blinders on to other brands that may be good.

Bear Bows
03-09-2007, 08:19 AM
I know 99.9% of the people on this fourm dont talk about bear bows but are worth the money and a look Dont under estamate them.:D

Sakoman
03-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Bean,

The best bow for the money is the one that feels best for you. You will have to try them out and see. It will also depend on how much you want to spend. Do you want to buy a bare bow and then put on the accesories?? Or do you want to buy a package that is ready to go??

Rackmastr
03-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Yep, best bow for the money is the one that fits you the best and the one that you're comfortable with. Go to a good proshop and handle a bunch and ask a bunch of questions and you'll find the one that you like.

That being said, Bear/Jennings Archery is making some great bows these days, Martin, Darton, and even APA is a bit lower in price.

Find what fits you, and then look at your budget.

Jammer1
03-09-2007, 11:11 PM
has anybody purchased a bow from the states (bass pro or cabelas)? did it work out to be any cheaper than buying here? exchage rate, custom, duties, brokerage fees? i am thining of one from bass pro but am unsure as i found another one here in town that i like but the one in town is about 100 more expensive than the one on bass pro.

cmfic1
03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm sure hopin' the new Mathews Drenalin fits me... 'cause me really likes the looks of it!

Bean
03-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Went out today and was lucky enough to get to shoot the new Mathews Drenalin. What a sweetheart of a bow. Very smooth and no shock or noise upon realease. I think I may have found the One!
I shot a Bowtech, it to was very nice but not as comfortable as the Mathews. I tried an LX Mathews as well but for the price difference i'll go with the new style.
Now I just need to find some accesories to go with it.

lilsundance
03-11-2007, 04:01 AM
where did you try it out? how much is the new bow?

WCTHEMI
03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
I to really want to check that Drenalin out. Gotta stop buying guns for a month or so, otherwise I'll never get the money together. :hat

curt7mm
03-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey Rackmaster, have you ever shot or know anyone who has tried the Fred Bear Instinct bow. I have read alot of positive feedbacks about this bow. A little cheaper than the Truth, however YOu are right about saying this is suppose to be an awesome bow too. Are there any Fred Bear dealers in Alberta?

Rackmastr
03-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Curt,
I havent shot the instinct, but everything I've seen and shot form Bear/Jennings has been quite good. The Calgary Archery Centre carries them, and for anyone else asking, they carry the Mathews line as well...

Bean
03-11-2007, 12:58 PM
I shot the Drenalin at red deer archery centre. They have one all dolled up ready to go. They have three or four top end bows from different manufacturers to shoot. Very good people, they know there stuff and wont sell you something you dont need.

curt7mm
03-11-2007, 02:40 PM
If anyone knows of any screamin' deals on bow pkgs please do post. I am in the market for a half decent bow. You can pick up a Fred Bear Instinct loaded with all the accessories for around the $400-500 in the U.S. What is the Drenalin Pkg going for in Red Deer, Bean? I will give Calgary Archery a call Rackmaster...thanks for the info.
Curt

Bean
03-11-2007, 07:10 PM
The Mathews Drenaline in the red deer archery centre is $899 and at Backcountry sports it is $1050.

Anybody know what Wholesale sports wants for it?
Or if they even carry Mathews.

bacon grease
03-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey Bean. John and Pat are great people to deal with - you won't go wrong buying thru them. I like the Drenelin but haven't shot it. I'm afraid I'll really like it and have to buy one! Maybe see if you can shoot the Bowtec Guardian if they have one in the shop yet. Watched a guy from Calgary shoot one at the Mother of All Shoots last week. That was the quietest bow I've ever seen.

cmfic1
03-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Trophy Book Archery in Spruce Grove has them (even LH), $869 for the bare Bow.....Goin on Thurs to shoot that baby!