PDA

View Full Version : Burbot in Sylvan lake

chucklesthe3rd
01-16-2017, 06:11 PM
This saturday I'm headed out to sylvan lake and im targeting burbots and i have never targeted them before. SOS!

sundancedan
01-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Use a heavy jig tipped with a minnow/smelt and glow mister twister pound the bottom violently and fish 6-10" off the bottom in the late afternoon/early evening and that should do the trick.

I am sure a glow tiger smartfish with a minnow/smelt would kick up some mud, and be nice and bright.

Search the forums, there are a ton of posts!

I am heading out Thursday to a southern res. hopefully they are biting!

chucklesthe3rd
01-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Use a heavy jig tipped with a minnow/smelt and glow mister twister pound the bottom violently and fish 6-10" off the bottom in the late afternoon/early evening and that should do the trick.

I am sure a glow tiger smartfish with a minnow/smelt would kick up some mud, and be nice and bright.

Thx man

LutherDLG
01-17-2017, 10:23 PM

I was there a few weeks ago and caught two big burbot doing this pretty much word for word. 1/2 oz jig with a glitter chartreuse mister twister and a smelt. Pounded the bottom to get some attention and then let it sit in the weeds while they swam in to investigate. Once they were close I popped it up in front of them and they both inhaled it. Early afternoon in about 8-10 FOW.

Good luck.

chucklesthe3rd
01-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the tips:)

chucklesthe3rd
01-19-2017, 03:28 PM
I have seen ppl catch perch, put them on a huge hook that is attached to a one ounce weight. does that tactic work?

SNAPFisher
01-19-2017, 03:43 PM
I have seen ppl catch perch, put them on a huge hook that is attached to a one ounce weight. does that tactic work?

Sounds good PikeAFreak...sorry I mean Chuck. Just post us the coordinates you plan on fishing at and we'll make sure Conservation Officers are there to help you out. :lol:

chucklesthe3rd
01-21-2017, 10:12 AM
ill se what i can dig out

chucklesthe3rd
01-21-2017, 11:44 AM
But the guy was catching burbs after burbs...

SNAPFisher
01-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Did you know:
Elephants use the skin folds on their backs to crush mosquitos. It's true!

Dewey Cox
01-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Just set some nets then.