PDA

View Full Version : Crawling Valley, flood water?

sundancedan
01-18-2017, 04:08 PM
I've heard a lot about flood water on the southern reservoirs. Does anyone know the status of Crawling Valley? I was hoping to head out there tomorrow.

burbotman
01-18-2017, 05:51 PM
I've heard a lot about flood water on the southern reservoirs. Does anyone know the status of Crawling Valley? I was hoping to head out there tomorrow.

Not sure about crawling valley, but was at Travers and Badger today. The north end of travers was not fishable with a literal lake on top of the ice.

Badger had some bad sections but lots of areas were fine.

Choare85
01-18-2017, 06:21 PM
A buddy of mine went out to crawling just before christmas. Said it was a good day so Id think its fine.

TROLLER
01-18-2017, 06:24 PM
Sorry but before Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -30

Now with the chinook it is plus 10, the snow cover melts and creates top water that sometimes can literally seem like a lake. Not safe and thus the question.

Should be OK but best to walk on and check it out first.

Newellknik
01-18-2017, 07:02 PM
I can't believe any water in the south isn't flooded....

bwch84
01-18-2017, 07:08 PM

I was out last weekend ice was 2 feet thick and snow covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundancedan
01-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys! If I head out I will keep everyone updated.

sundancedan
01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
CVR was nice and solid. Drove on, hard water all over the place with very little water on top!

15"+ of ice all around the boat launch area, saw a couple 1/2tons drive across, and a F150 doing donuts!

I didn't get to stay long managed to catch a nice fat little pike on the Jaw Jacker

K born
01-23-2017, 11:13 AM
Was out yesterday with my son (Jan 22) and yeah lots of ice! Almost need an extension for the auger! Seen 1 eye and 2 pike, nothing on the ice but had something take the anchovies that we had on the tip ups for a nice run but let go when I tried to set the hook! Out there for 4 hours still great day spent with my kid!

Bad day of fishing spent with your kid is still better than a great day by yourself!

tracker
03-03-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm hoping to take the kids out there tomorrow. Any idea what the ice is like? I'm definitely not looking to drive on.