PDA

View Full Version : Cancun Snapper

FisherPotch
04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Hola Amigos/Amigas

Just wanted to share this quick I have not been on here much lately.

My Buddy
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/FisherPotch/P4040137-1.jpg

My Snapper how big you guys think this thing would go?
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/FisherPotch/P4040139.jpg

I am not familiar with snapper, While observing it closely I felt confident that it was the largest fish I've landed to date. I was estimating and felt it would break 40 lbs easy and after holding it I know it beat that. I asked th most experienced of the guides and he told me it would go around 60! I'm not to sure about that, he may have been exagerating trying to get a good tip. What are your thoughs fellas?

Also I know there is more than one species of snapper. Can anyone elaborate on this one?

Tight lines folks!

buckmaster
04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Good catch fisherpotch!!! The only other snapper i know of can be very chewy and tough eating depending on the catch!!:evilgrin:

FisherPotch
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Good catch fisherpotch!!! The only other snapper i know of can be very chewy and tough eating depending on the catch!!:evilgrin:

I knew there would be comments on the snapper thing. But I don't think the snapper your refering to is a species of its own. U be weary of what U catch!! Coud be fishing for snapper and end up with a case of crabs if your not cautious. :innocent: :evilgrin:

Dark Wing
04-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I caught a few of those in Cabo about 10 years ago. We took them to a restaraunt and had them cook em up for us, man oh man were they ever tasty! We also caught our share of dorado, roosters and a sailfish. Seen a few marlin one day but no luck, I kind of wondered about the boat I was on cause I was spotting the marlin before the crew did.

pdfish
04-10-2009, 03:38 PM
The title of this thread is very misleading. :evilgrin:

FisherPotch
04-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Ya when you go to the back to the resort or the clubs and tell ppl you got a snapper the last thing they are thinking is fishing. The crew/boat I was on was also questionable. We went through aquaworld because they were right at our resort so It was easy to arrange. Last time I do that!!

Cal
04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Rats! I was expecting somthing completely different:tongue2: