PDA

View Full Version : Ling spawning areas........are they..

bessiedog
01-21-2017, 10:58 AM
I know it's early, but I'm going to try to find the spawning area of a lake I know... and I was under the impression that ling use roughly the same spawning grounds year after year.

Can anyone confirm this?

I used to hit a spawn area on Lac LaNonne long time ago.

It was pretty reliable.

chucklesthe3rd
01-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Yes sort of. they come back in roughly the sameplace... Usually...

Walleye101
01-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Hit the shallow gravel beds late March. They love to feed on the Whitefish eggs. Calling Lake can be good for them.

waterninja
01-21-2017, 01:03 PM
I know it's early, but I'm going to try to find the spawning area of a lake I know... and I was under the impression that ling use roughly the same spawning grounds year after year.

Can anyone confirm this?

I used to hit a spawn area on Lac LaNonne long time ago.

It was pretty reliable.

Bessie, I can confirm with certainty that Burbot do return year after year to the same spawning area. They even congregate in about the same depth of water depending on how the lake bed has changed as far as weed and grass growth.
Lucky for us anglers "in the know ", there can be many areas of a lake that have ideal spawning beds. Even though high pressure on one area of a lake that is easy to access by the locals and the hundreds of "travellers " that hear about it on the internet, you can still have an enjoyable day at a good burbot lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucklesthe3rd
01-21-2017, 04:33 PM
Hit the shallow gravel beds late March. They love to feed on the Whitefish eggs. Calling Lake can be good for them.

Yeah, when i was cleaning a burb which i thought was a female it turned out to be a male with its belly full of whitefish eggs

antlercarver
01-21-2017, 05:21 PM
Lake whitefish spawn around end of October

SNAPFisher
01-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Lake whitefish spawn around end of October

:lol: :lol:

These ones were "special" time traveling burbs antler :)