PDA

View Full Version : Cold Lake accomodations?

Mudder Man
01-31-2017, 05:02 AM
Just curious if anyone has any info/recommends on places to stay while up fishing.

thanks in advance

MM

trouty
01-31-2017, 06:24 AM
B and B straight across from the marina launch. Drive your quad from there. Nice rooms but they need to get up earlier to cook bfast. Ice fisherman get up early.

yetiseeker
01-31-2017, 07:38 AM
The B&B across from the marina is Lakeshore Inn.

I will second the recommendation.

Mackinaw
01-31-2017, 07:58 AM
New Imperial motel ..clean rooms free breakfast good rates

Mack

emf_1978
01-31-2017, 09:36 AM
The marina launch is closed.....huge 8ft open spot right by the pier so you can not drive on the ice there. So I wouldn't stay at the B&B there.
You can still fish at the provincial park or French bay (by the ski hill) or English bay.
pick a cheap hotel in town and save a few bucks because no matter where you stay, you have to drive to a different location to get on the ice.

Good luck

58thecat
01-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Lots of accommodations, place went berserk building hotels etc then the patch dried up, phone around to get the best rates.

ghostguy6
01-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Anywhere but the Western Budget Motel across from the Walmart. The owner was quite rude, the refrigerator and tv was broken in my room. The room also smelled of rotting food.

CBintheNorth
01-31-2017, 05:20 PM
Hamilton House B&B. It's 5-10 mins south of French bay. Awesome breakfast and Brian's a big time fisherman.

-JR-
01-31-2017, 06:57 PM
If you catch a Big Laker over 30 lbs. you have to stay at the Best Western so you can eat at the Sawmill .

Low budget would be the Kings court.

FishingPole
01-31-2017, 11:49 PM
If you catch a Big Laker over 30 lbs. you have to stay at the Best Western so you can eat at the Sawmill .

Do they cook it for you or something? I may be misunderstanding the post. If they do that would be awesome!

TylerThomson
02-01-2017, 07:07 AM
If you catch a laker that big they won't be good eating. Take some pictures. Take some measurements and put the old girl back. Reproduction mounts will outlast a skin mount and the lake and the rest of us will thank you.

Mudder Man
02-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Exactly Tyler, pics will last for ever, just be nice to get one for eating the rest is fun times and pics!!!

Thanks for the info on the accommodations from everyone, all is greatly appreciated.

We are getting pretty excited to finally get up there to try our luck this weekend.

cheers

MM

TylerThomson
02-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Be careful out there I was out on provincial yesterday and the ice is eerie. It almost looks like it exploded in big pockets and refroze. I wouldn't drive on those areas. Ice in front of the marina is sketchy and so it's the north Bay. Don't trust trails or other people's word make sure you test the ice yourself. The main path on provincial was ok but I wouldn't just cruise around in a truck.

Good luck.