PDA

View Full Version : Catch and Cook

Angler
02-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Good evening fellows!

Went to Chip Lake this last weekend for the first time this season, good to see that this lake is alive again, pike is there and they bite as good as 3 years ago!
It still amazes me, being that shallow and carrying so much healthy fish.
There is literally like foot and a half of water! Nice and rusty water LOL. Any good guess why that water has that unpleasant color?

So, after that trip I decided to make my first Catch&Cook video, where you guys could see 3 stages of catching, cleaning and cooking the way I do. Triple C if you like.
Hope you gonna enjoy my little experiment

Watch Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr8yvNan2_U)

Thank you for your time!
Tight lines everyone!

Trout_er
02-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Very nice video. Very descriptive and informative. Thank you

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

HowSwedeItIs
02-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Another great video, looks like that rod you made works really well

Looking forward to the next one!

Elchinodiablo
02-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Thanks!! Good show. Loved to see the rod in action. I agree it such a wicked feeling to catch fish with something you made.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

sureshot
02-08-2017, 11:18 PM
Great video. Where did you access the lake

Angler
02-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Thank you guys!
Yes, the rod I made works like a charm, considering it was built from antenna, it is pretty sensitive. On video I fished with 1 ounce or 3/4 not sure, could feel it no problem. I am very pleased with the results!

As for access for the lake I used RR 110.

Dragless
02-09-2017, 05:22 AM
The color is from the the tannins that leech out from the springs that exist in chip lake which also keep part of the lake oxygenated over the winter and long summers, good to hear you had some success any word on any burbot being caught this year

last minute
02-09-2017, 05:37 AM
nice video thanks for sharing good looking pike .:)

Its good to eat your catch :sHa_shakeshout:

JohninAB
02-09-2017, 06:03 AM
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Never have fished Chip Lake even though have lived within 15 miles of it the last 22 years but think it is now time to go and give it a try.

tight line
02-09-2017, 08:27 AM
Good job on the vid! As for the y bones, i cut my ribs and back straps off, which leaves a triangular piece that often people throw away, if you cut down the top of the y bone you can get virtually all the meat off them with almost no waste, they are smaller pieces, but are good portions for kids! Now im craving pike and stuck at work..lol

TylerThomson
02-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Nice video. Glad to see I was wrong and that rod worked for you.

HuyFishin
02-09-2017, 11:24 AM
fantastic video!

Thank you for sharing!

Angler
02-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the reviews guys!
I'm glad you like it, means I am going to continue film stuff like that!
Cheers!

Angler
02-09-2017, 11:44 AM
The color is from the the tannins that leech out from the springs that exist in chip lake which also keep part of the lake oxygenated over the winter and long summers, good to hear you had some success any word on any burbot being caught this year

Thanks for the info!
As for the burbot, not sure. Book says you could keep 2, I guess their population poor there, I personally never caught one there

Good job on the vid! As for the y bones, i cut my ribs and back straps off, which leaves a triangular piece that often people throw away, if you cut down the top of the y bone you can get virtually all the meat off them with almost no waste, they are smaller pieces, but are good portions for kids! Now im craving pike and stuck at work..lol

Thanks man!
Yeah, I am yet to learn how to properly cut those Y bones out, next time I will definitely try it out.

Nice video. Glad to see I was wrong and that rod worked for you.

I told you it's gonna work! When I get my check now? LOL
Just kidding, I already had my reward. My creation works well and brings me fish!

HuyFishin
02-09-2017, 11:51 AM
i watched the entire video, plus i had to rewind to rewatch the filet part cuz i missed what you said

Angler
02-09-2017, 12:18 PM
i watched the entire video, plus i had to rewind to rewatch the filet part cuz i missed what you said

:happy0034:

Mike_W
02-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Good video!
Interesting how you cook the fish you dredge in flour then egg then into the pan. Typically I have only seen fish dredged and fried or dredged in flour then egg and then in flour or breadcrumbs and fried.

Angler
02-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Thanks!

The reason I dredge in flour first because I don't like the mess in the plate, if you deep it in egg first, than your flour is ruined and you need to wash plate too))) My way, you simply keep on adding flour/crumbs to the plate.
Simple!

Angler
02-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Seems like this video doing quite well on YouTube.
So next video in this style coming soon!
Catch and cook Burbot.
Brought home 3 of those tasty buggers from Lac Sante.
Stay tuned!

wbaj
02-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the reviews guys!
I'm glad you like it, means I am going to continue film stuff like that!
Cheers!

Yep, keep em coming, liked it a bunch!

EZM
02-13-2017, 11:05 PM
Stinky Rusty water is usually (but not always) a precursor to low O2 levels which often lead to winter kill. Hopefully that's not the case for Chip. It's a very productive fishery if it can keep from winter killing.

invasion
02-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Great video I look forward to more keep up the great work!!

Angler
02-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Great video I look forward to more keep up the great work!!

Yep, keep em coming, liked it a bunch!

:happy0034:

Thanks fellows! Will do!
Just about to finish cutting the burbot episode, gonna be ready later today!

simpatico
02-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Great video!

Never been out there. Just wondering where the access is? Looked on google earth and couldn't see one?

Thanks
Tony

Angler
02-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Great video!

Never been out there. Just wondering where the access is? Looked on google earth and couldn't see one?

Thanks
Tony

Range Road 110 on HWY 16