PDA

View Full Version : Rat Creek Lodgepole area

.338Mag
02-09-2017, 10:47 PM
I was out the other day cruising around in the area and came across rat creek, along with signs all over saying fishing is prohibited. I'm just curious as to why fishing would be prohibited there, anyone know why it would be closed?

RisingRainbows
02-10-2017, 03:23 AM
I was out the other day cruising around in the area and came across rat creek, along with signs all over saying fishing is prohibited. I'm just curious as to why fishing would be prohibited there, anyone know why it would be closed?
There aren't many grayling left in the Pembina and its tributaries. Mostly due to loss of suitable habitat from industry and irresponsible OHV riding. Unfortunately fishermen are a much easier scapegoat. They're closing the area to fishing for 5 years...

idaman
02-10-2017, 06:33 AM
^^^ what he said and If you read the regs it tells you why it's closed and that it's the Pembina and its all tribs upstream of Lodgepole that are closed not just Rat Creek.

.338Mag
02-10-2017, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys

Red Neck
02-10-2017, 11:47 AM
Thats heat breaking to hear. we fished that area alot in the 60-70 & 80. Im proud to say we were only a few at the time fishing catch and reasles & barblessy as i do today. The fishing changed slowly with pike invading the creeks and substantial enviromental damage from logging and easy access thanks to the introduction of todays ATV's.. The oil and gas industry weirdly helped some of the grayling and trout species as were ever they crossed a creek or river it created deep holes and good fishn. We have seen closere work?
Red Neck Out
:scared0018:

McLeod
02-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Its so the Brook trout can continue to spread and overtake the system thus eliminating ALL Grayling !