PDA

View Full Version : Walking cast ice fishing help

Tigger72
02-13-2017, 10:19 AM
So I have been stuck in a cast since Jan 4.... the fish itch is unbearable and I have convinced a friend to take me out fishing.... (1.5 Hrs of Calgary ) So .... Badger / Crawling / Travers.... are some of our choices.... we are looking for a lake to "Drive on" as walking across a lake isn't an option. Any of these lake drive on-able.... I have checked the forum here and no luck finding recent info on these lakes.... HELP I NEED TO FISH.....:angry3:

Sundancefisher
02-13-2017, 11:09 AM
So I have been stuck in a cast since Jan 4.... the fish itch is unbearable and I have convinced a friend to take me out fishing.... (1.5 Hrs of Calgary ) So .... Badger / Crawling / Travers.... are some of our choices.... we are looking for a lake to "Drive on" as walking across a lake isn't an option. Any of these lake drive on-able.... I have checked the forum here and no luck finding recent info on these lakes.... HELP I NEED TO FISH.....:angry3:

Big warm spell coming. Not advisable to be driving on the lakes I am thinking. If you just need to scratch the itch...I can pull you out onto Sundance on a toboggan. You can catch perch till your itch is thoroughly scratched.

Mike_W
02-13-2017, 12:36 PM
I'm in Edmonton and cant comment on the ice conditions down south but I would suggest a atv or an area you can walk only a couple hundred yards.

yetiseeker
02-13-2017, 01:22 PM
You can always look north. Gull, Sylvan, Pigeon, Buffalo, etc.

Guys are driving on with lots of ice. Even with this weeks warm weather, it won't touch the ice (still around 22 or 24 inches thick).

SNAPFisher
02-13-2017, 01:44 PM
What Yeti said, I would go for central lakes instead of South. We are also headed to the burbot spawn time for some of these central lakes and the fishing can be "remarkable". The warm temps this week are supposed to go back down to normal next week which is around -2 high and -8 to -10 lows. The ice will be fine on the lakes Yeti mentioned.

TROLLER
02-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Crawling Valley is good but with all the snow there may become a top water issue in the next week or two.

squidward
02-13-2017, 03:00 PM
I was on badger and crawling valley and lots of ice to drive in on both. The snow comment above would be the only issue. There is about 6-8 inches of snow on top of the ice and it was getting soft yesterday afternoon

Tigger72
02-13-2017, 03:06 PM
I was on badger and crawling valley and lots of ice to drive in on both. The snow comment above would be the only issue. There is about 6-8 inches of snow on top of the ice and it was getting soft yesterday afternoon

Squidward--
At badger were you able to drive to the south end of the lake?