PDA

View Full Version : Ice Auger Power heads

beerhonky
02-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know where to buy just auger power heads in Canada?

cube
02-13-2017, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know where to buy just auger power heads in Canada?

When I went through this last year you did not save anything by just buying the head. You are better off buying a new one and selling the additional leg. Much further ahead if you get it on sale as just the power heads never go on sale.

Of course I was only buying one and not volumes of them.

neilsledder
02-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Is it even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavYak
02-13-2017, 06:28 PM
I don't think you can buy an Eskimo powerhead only, Jiffy does show a couple on their website but no local stores sell them this way and the price difference is minimal anyways.

As recommended I would purchase a new unit and sell the extra leg or if you only have an 8 or 10 inch auger buy the size you don't have and then you will have both size bits.

EZM
02-13-2017, 08:53 PM
I don't think you can buy an Eskimo powerhead only, Jiffy does show a couple on their website but no local stores sell them this way and the price difference is minimal anyways.

As recommended I would purchase a new unit and sell the extra leg or if you only have an 8 or 10 inch auger buy the size you don't have and then you will have both size bits.

I agree - having different sizes of flights and a spare (just in case you hit some dirty ice and don't want to mess around with re-sharpening or changing a blade) is a HUGE benefit.

I blew the bottom guide ring off my auger flight a couple years ago and was able to reach into the bed of the truck and swap it out. Saved the day for us.