PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Hasse??

invasion
02-14-2017, 02:12 AM
Anyone still fish Hasse at all anymore? I heard it was stocked with perch a few years back

Gerry
02-14-2017, 07:14 AM
Haven't fished it myself.
The lake was stocked with pike and walleye for sure a few years back.
There was perch by the thousands in there before, all about 4" long.

yetiseeker
02-14-2017, 07:32 AM
I drove by there this summer - nobody was around, no docks out. Smelt terrible as they have had a real problem with sewage being discharged.

If you're looing for somewhere to fish around there, I'd suggest either Spring or Star.

Landlocked_Newfie
02-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Was one of my favorite lakes many years ago. Last year I punched a few holes and dropped the cam down. Zero sign of life, not even a shrimp came up with auger. Oh and the smell.... I packed it all up. I'll not be back to that lake anymore. Personally I'd recommend Star its close to Hasse if looking for trout.

Landlock

invasion
02-14-2017, 09:05 AM
That's to bad was a nice little lake before had a lot of great times there sad to hear really!!

Tcon
02-14-2017, 09:49 AM
As a child I caught my first ever rainbow there but what a disaster that turned into, sad state of affairs.

Sooner
02-14-2017, 10:11 AM
We all have probably fished that lake in the past with good memories.

Just curious, if we were in different times, had a gov with $$$ and a will, could this lake be rehabilitated back to it's good ole days?

crownb
02-14-2017, 11:29 AM

Just curious, if we were in different times, had a gov with $$$ and a will, could this lake be rehabilitated back to it's good ole days?

I don't think so, just a **** hole now, several years of drought with minor snowfalls, the seagulls have claimed it.

3blade
02-14-2017, 03:06 PM

Nope. Process of eutrophication. It is the eventual end for many of our lakes, though fertilizer and waste runoff speeds it up by decades. Same for thunder, Cardiff, isle.

I suppose you could dredge, remediate waste systems, ban fertilizer, and restock the fish...all at massive cost and no real guarantee of a good long term outcome because the natural process will continue anyway.

Deep
02-15-2017, 10:31 AM
You are absolutely right 3bade....the evolution of a lake is dry land...sadly.