PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco lake

ryker
02-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Anyone ever fish this lake near Brooks

TROLLER
02-20-2017, 11:05 AM
San Fran is a Ducks Unlimited water fowl area and has been under their umbrella for many many years.

It is a good duck spot and that is it. Never have seen or heard of anyone fishing in slough.

But if you think there is something to it fill your boots.:)

kinwahkly
02-20-2017, 02:02 PM
Shot Pheasants in the fall .

Tigger72
02-21-2017, 09:34 AM
San Fran is a Ducks Unlimited water fowl area and has been under their umbrella for many many years.

It is a good duck spot and that is it. Never have seen or heard of anyone fishing in slough.

But if you think there is something to it fill your boots.:)

Search the forum... Frank lake is one of the most mentioned and best fishing slough in Southern Alberta!!! Brahahahaha!!:sHa_sarcasticlol::fighting0030::test :

waterninja
02-21-2017, 05:13 PM
I've never heard of San Fran lake. Is it in the regs?

TROLLER
02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
No it is ducks unlimited wet land just like our favorite frank

Joe Quiroga
02-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Anyone ever fish this lake near Brooks

As above it's really not a fishing spot. If you're keen on fishing around Brooks your time would be better spent at Newell, Rolling hills Res, Tilley B, Kitsum or even Rock Lake. There's also Snake Lake near the slough you're looking at but I don't know of anyone who has fished it.

WayneChristie
02-23-2017, 09:58 AM
As above it's really not a fishing spot. If you're keen on fishing around Brooks your time would be better spent at Newell, Rolling hills Res, Tilley B, Kitsum or even Rock Lake. There's also Snake Lake near the slough you're looking at but I don't know of anyone who has fished it.

Ive heard there are decent pike in Snake, its off the Lathom road

TROLLER
02-23-2017, 03:43 PM
I used to spot birds off both Snake and Latham when I had an outfitting business. Spent 15yrs. hunting the whole area and do not remember seeing anyone fishing summer, fall or winter.

Maybe the feedlot that runs along the canal and all the cattle feeding around both area's has something to do with it, I am not sure.

My best bet for the area always has been and still is Tilly B for both pike and White fish.

ryker
02-24-2017, 07:27 PM
That's kinda what I figured just a slough but when I seen that there was a boat launch there it made me wonder. As for snake we tried last weekend landed 4 only one keeper

calgarygringo
02-24-2017, 09:34 PM
Heard and tried the place but yes just a slough with a bunch of dink pike.

Ive heard there are decent pike in Snake, its off the Lathom road