PDA

View Full Version : Auger repairs

lakerman
02-20-2017, 08:03 PM
She's leaking gas, cracked carb, any glue that's resistant to fuel, that anyone know of? Held for a year by the guy who fixed it last time, but charged me 50$,:argue2:It's a jiffy whitelightning, or anyone got old one lying around, I could get parts for?

RavYak
02-20-2017, 08:07 PM
If in Edmonton the Lawnmower Hospital is the place for parts.

Phil
02-20-2017, 09:31 PM
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.seal-all-adhesive-591-ml--2-oz.1000708738.html

I had this recommended to me. Says it sticks to most plastics and is gas and oil resistant.

Good Luck.
Phil

ATF
02-21-2017, 12:14 PM
I used seal all on a strikemaster gas tank that cracked.
It held for a little while but plastic welding it with a soldering gun is what cured it.

Dean2
02-21-2017, 01:04 PM
You can buy a brand new part and put it on for less than what the guy charged you to glue the old one. Whole new carbs are about $30.

PerchBuster
02-21-2017, 05:46 PM
I suggest a complete new carb housing and replacement, buy online or from a local dealer. In Edmonton there is a guy called Mike's small engine repair or something like that and he is supposed to be good and reasonable, I can find out more for you if interested. Should be lots of places though. Best to fix it permanently, one time, and the right way. Spend the dough and she's good to go for another 25 years......and you aren't leaking fuel on the ice and in to the water at some point not too far down the road as you have already experienced. Better yet sell it and buy an IonX electric and you will never regret it! Good luck!

riden
02-21-2017, 06:00 PM
For the small difference in price between a carb coming from China and an Oregon, go Oregon.

hellitsme
02-21-2017, 11:55 PM
What auger you have

Drewski Canuck
02-23-2017, 01:50 PM
If you ever played with 5 minute epoxy, you will LOVE this stuff. Machinists use this stuff to put new threads in a stripped block as an emergency repair.

I have used Seal All, and it does work. But it needs the area scuffed up pretty good and then can uncouple.

JB Quick, like JB Weld, is impervious to gas and oil, and is STRONG. You have to clean up the oil residue from the tank first very well. then give a scuff of sand paper to bind, then mix it up and see if you can get it in the crack.

Give it a good overlap and let it set up.

Just the thought of this is giving me FLASHBACKS to my days of Argo ownership.

Drewski