PDA

View Full Version : Goldbar outfall

DaveFish
02-22-2017, 08:52 PM
I'm going to fish there tomorrow, haven't been there in 8 years. Will anyone please give me directions?

Landlocked_Newfie
02-23-2017, 05:32 AM
Park in parking lot of Goldbar Park. Walk north to the river trail then west upstream to outfall from the waste management plant. You will smell it before you see it if the winds right. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

neilsledder
02-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Not frozen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landlocked_Newfie
02-23-2017, 08:22 AM
I couldn't tell ya. Yesterday driving over NSR in that area the river was open in the middle with 20 -30 feet ice on each side. If that outfall discharge continued to flow as in the fall then I would guess it would be open water there to an extent. I actually thought about walking down to it earlier this week to check it out.

Red Bullets
02-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Right at the discharge area it never freezes. Even some ducks know this and stay. Not very deep there but I've caught rockies on a bottom rig with maggots in February there.

cranky
02-23-2017, 01:54 PM
The bank going down and back up is a bit slippery but theres no snow left there as of few days ago. I took a rope along to tie to a tree to pull myself back up. Im older sobut im sure younger guys could get out with out the rope.

I usually carry a rope even in the summer just in case,as theres lots of other places i fish NSR where for me a rope is needed just to get down there. Goldbar is often too busy for me so i prefer more quiet spots.

I dont use bait so i dont catch as much as bait guys but i did catch a small Pike in a couple of hours and just did a little practicing with a new flyrod. A bait guy there caught a few suckers etc. I didnt keep track of how many he caught.

DaveFish
02-23-2017, 07:32 PM
I went there a few hours today. Got a walleye to the shorebut lost him as I didn't bring my net and he got off as I was reaching.

A fair amount of tiny bites, probably goldys. A lot of risers.

Was very slippery and I wish I had gone on a warmer day.

Red Bullets
02-23-2017, 10:52 PM
I went there a few hours today. Got a walleye to the shorebut lost him as I didn't bring my net and he got off as I was reaching.

Tiny bites lot of times are the rocky mountain whitefish. They have small mouths. A small size 10 or 12 snelled hook with 2 or 3 maggots might get better inhales.

Sundancefisher
02-24-2017, 05:55 AM

Goldeye and mooneye migrate downstream for the winter. Risers could be small trout or minnow species.