PDA

View Full Version : The Trigger Review/Tips Video

Brandonkop
02-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Hey here's my first experience with the Trigger by Black Fox fishing. Played around with it a bit on the ice and ran into a couple issues. One being you need a rod with big enough eyelets to fit on the trigger release. You should also have the river buried in snow and ice so it doesn't get taken down the hole. I did end up catching some pike on it so it works, but just a few concerns I describe in the video to be aware of if you plan on using one of these devices out on the ice! They are made in Canada and if you feel the Jaw Jackers are too expensive this may work for you. Personally I still like the Jaw Jackers. Anyways if you were planning on purchasing one check this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9_y0V0lY4

TylerThomson
02-25-2017, 06:50 AM
Awesome video as usual. I don't know if I'd want to be using my eyelets on my rods seems like a foods way to wreck a rod. Do you think it would work using the loop like the jaw jacker uses?

sns2
02-25-2017, 07:36 AM
Good video for sure. All of yours are!

Compared to a jaw jacker, that seems like a finicky piece of junk. I think the jaw jackers, when you can get them for $40, offer good value. I would never be without mine.

Brandonkop
02-26-2017, 12:16 AM
Awesome video as usual. I don't know if I'd want to be using my eyelets on my rods seems like a foods way to wreck a rod. Do you think it would work using the loop like the jaw jacker uses?

Thanks, Yeah not the greatest probably for the rods, but I don't actually this the jaw jacker loop would stay on this mechanism very well. Seems it would just slide off but I didn't try. Next time I'm out I'll give it a go and let you know.

Compared to a jaw jacker, that seems like a finicky piece of junk. I think the jaw jackers, when you can get them for $40, offer good value. I would never be without mine.

Thanks! Yeah I am still very happy with my Jaw Jackers. But I know some guys are worried about breaking jaw jackers and if you're a rough type of person this may hold up better for you.

Anyways I'll still be jacking jaws but I might see how this performs with other species too.

Landlocked_Newfie
02-26-2017, 10:12 AM
I built my "jawjacker" with some 3/4 pvc and a few fittings. I saw some online and built a couple. Plan to make it adjustable for different rod lengths. Works good.
P.s. great video as always.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

huntsfurfish
02-26-2017, 11:43 AM

Yup, only $5.00 difference then.