PDA

View Full Version : In the stomach of a pike

Iceman80
02-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Surprised to find All this inside a 70cm pike. Ya that's a bone.
ATTACH]131448[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfrobert
02-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Chicken wings

chucklesthe3rd
02-26-2017, 05:53 PM
where was this?

-JR-
02-26-2017, 06:02 PM
That looks like a human bone. Any one drowned in that lake lately .

Makes you think now, if you want to eat that fish .

Iceman80
02-26-2017, 06:17 PM
where was this?

Gull. The perch that's intact and smelt were 6" and the head off the other perch looks bigger. May have to try pound a bone on the bottom next time. Haha

EZM
02-26-2017, 06:35 PM
That does not look like a chicken bone.

Looks like a human metatarsal bone found in the foot based on the position of the sockets, thickness and curvature - nothing like a chicken bone at all (which has the sockets in alignment, is generally straight and not as thick throughout).

That is freaking gross.

Maybe it's a chicken bone after all - forget I said anything .....

How did the pike taste?

Northern Bob
02-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Maybe it's the thumb of a visiting southern bass fishermen who tried to lip lift a pike.

Iceman80
02-26-2017, 07:19 PM
That does not look like a chicken bone.

Looks like a human metatarsal bone found in the foot based on the position of the sockets, thickness and curvature - nothing like a chicken bone at all (which has the sockets in alignment, is generally straight and not as thick throughout).

That is freaking gross.

Maybe it's a chicken bone after all - forget I said anything .....

How did the pike taste?

Haven't ate it. When I saw the perch and smelt I was like ok but when the bone came out that was it.

pikeman06
02-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Bahaha. That's a chicken wing bone. The pike in gull are like coyotes and they make a pass thru some of the community holes later in the day because so many guys dump their left over bait rather than refreeze it. And apparantley the odd chicken wing bone aswell. I caught some that were just stuffed with shrimp from a shrimp ring too.

SNAPFisher
02-26-2017, 10:05 PM
That is crazy for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a chicken bone. One time I was fishing out by myself and a group pulled up in the area, stayed most of the day, blared tunes, lots of yelling. After they leave I head over with the cam thinking the fishing must be good where they were - chicken wings scattered across the bottom. Unfortunately, as well, the boxes them came in, hot sauce packages, and all their garbage. To this day just one of those thing really bothered me. I wish I would have known they were doing this when they were there...

Iceman80
02-26-2017, 10:31 PM
That is crazy for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a chicken bone. One time I was fishing out by myself and a group pulled up in the area, stayed most of the day, blared tunes, lots of yelling. After they leave I head over with the cam thinking the fishing must be good where they were - chicken wings scattered across the bottom. Unfortunately, as well, the boxes them came in, hot sauce packages, and all their garbage. To this day just one of those thing really bothered me. I wish I would have known they were doing this when they were there...

Makes you wonder how long it would take to digest. Can't imagine it would be the same as what's part of their normal diet.

It really irks me too when you see trash left out or dropped down a hole. Simple rule "pack out what you pack in".

dodger
02-27-2017, 06:58 AM
Am I the only one that jigs a buffalo wing?

Dodger.

FlyTheory
02-27-2017, 07:25 AM
And people still eat fish with soft plastics stuck inside

SNAPFisher
02-27-2017, 08:37 AM
It really irks me too when you see trash left out or dropped down a hole. Simple rule "pack out what you pack in".

Yep. I know they kept burbs..back in the day when you could...and it seemed so idiotic to me to go to a lake, catch fish, keep them, and then dump your garbage back down the hole??? What??? Idiots!
Sorry to take this thread down another path. Just ****es me off to this day.

SNAPFisher
02-27-2017, 08:38 AM
Am I the only one that jigs a buffalo wing?

Dodger.

:lol:

Chicken fed burbot? You could really be onto something :)

last minute
02-27-2017, 09:44 AM
That looks like a human bone. Any one drowned in that lake lately .

Makes you think now, if you want to eat that fish .
:thinking-006:
i say Why not eat it :)

vital shok
02-27-2017, 10:03 AM
Pikeduckin.Now your on to something.

fish99
02-27-2017, 05:32 PM
one time at lake minniwanka we caught lake trout with chicken bones and black round balls in their bellies , cut the black round balls in half to see what they were , it was grapes.

neilsledder
02-28-2017, 07:04 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170228/ac10a5fc8a629a1aade46cd59b077b1b.jpg
Here's a pike with a hot dog inside lol. I caught it this winter.

Barnes19
02-28-2017, 08:27 AM
Just shows you that your garbage isn't "Gone" just because it sinks.

3blade
02-28-2017, 10:04 AM
While it's irresponsible to be dumping garbage into a lake, meat or bones do not pose a problem for pike. They digest whitefish, perch and ducks, whole.

genno
02-28-2017, 10:30 AM
Anyone find an iPhone 6 in a pike yet? Haha

rpcw
02-28-2017, 10:40 AM
We have found very strange things. The bigger they are, the bigger things they will try and eat. Very similar to Musky.

We were out one day and my wife ties into a good size pike. She is bringing it in and all of a sudden it stops cold. She can't budge it. After a few minutes it releases whatever it got tangled with and comes in easy.

Turned out to be just over 40 inches but when it came in there was blood all over the place. Upon closer inspection there were tones of 1/4 inch long cuts in rows down each side of the fish. A larger fish grabbed it and all those cuts were from the teeth of the bigger fish. At first I thought maybe the line did it but no it was teeth marks!

Wolftrapper
02-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Crazy stuff. Thanks for the pictures guys.
Neil I have to ask, did you eat that hotdog, lol.

PerchBuster
02-28-2017, 10:59 AM
Guess I need to consider using more obscure baits than those just found at TFH or Cabellas! Thinking a nice fresh chicken kabob, honey garlic sausage or turkey neck might land me a personal best after seeing this thread!!! :bad_boys_20:

Dewey Cox
02-28-2017, 11:10 AM
My new goal is to catch a pike on a whole hotdog.

pinelakeperch
02-28-2017, 12:36 PM
I was fishing with my girlfriend when she caught a dolly varden with a couple chicken bones in it. You'd better believe we ate it for dinner :sHa_shakeshout:

pikergolf
02-28-2017, 12:46 PM
While it's irresponsible to be dumping garbage into a lake, meat or bones do not pose a problem for pike. They digest whitefish, perch and ducks, whole.

This is not necessarily true. I once found a dead pike with a large sucker skull in it that the pike could not pass. It's vent was stretched but not nearly enough to pass the skull. I would guess that the sucker weighed at least half of what the pike did. It was all digested except for the skull.

asimpatico
02-28-2017, 01:40 PM
this my look like maybe a animal bone of some tyoe something very small though is what i am thinking

Fishhunter
02-28-2017, 03:06 PM
It's a chicken thigh bone..:argue2:

pikeman06
02-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Holy frigg that hot dog picture is priceless.