PDA

View Full Version : Fish creek

I3igcircle
04-15-2009, 06:59 PM
I have never fished the bow river and have tomorrow of work, so I was thinking of heading down to fishcreek park by highway 22x bridge to fish with the wife.

Can anyone who has fished the bow tell me if this is a good spot I was told about or have anyother suggestions?

Thank you for the help,

Nic

lakerman
04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Wish I was there, how you fishing fly spinners etc., remember catch and release all the big ones and have fun your in one of the best rivers in North America!!Let's keep it that way. IF she's running high fish close to shore riffles, eddies etc.

I3igcircle
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I fish spinners and lures, and wouldn't have it any other way than c&r.

Went out last year for the first time to lower kanaskas and little places around there but we have a 6month old son now so looking for spots around home that me and the little guy can get out to for an afternoon.

Cheers,
Nic

jts1
04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
It might be a little muddy down there , We have been going to the Bow just past Gap Lake. I have some information on spots within the city. Some have been giving to me in confidence so I cant pass them on. But I can send a google map with some locations if you wish. Send a PM with your email.

snow goose
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Check regs I don't think fish creek is open yet.

I3igcircle
04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Sorry I am meaning the bow at fish creek park we drove down that way a few days ago by a big bridge I was assuming it was 22x? Water looked dirty but there was a few guys out and they brought in 4 fish just while we were there.

But ya the regs say fish creek is closed I meant the river accessed by fish creek.

snow goose
04-15-2009, 09:11 PM
sorry I missunderstood your question

jeprli
04-16-2009, 08:36 AM
You can fish upstream from where "fish creek" enters the Bow, upper side is not stained yet, not that much anyways. I've been out two days ago and got 3 really nice trout, stuck around for maybe 1-2 hours, lots of fish rising now(maybe this would be a perfect opportunity for a spinner to try out the dry fly?)

jts1
04-16-2009, 08:43 AM
You can fish upstream from where "fish creek" enters the Bow, upper side is not stained yet, not that much anyways. I've been out two days ago and got 3 really nice trout, stuck around for maybe 1-2 hours, lots of fish rising now(maybe this would be a perfect opportunity for a spinner to try out the dry fly?)

Would it be 2 much to ask you to give me some directons to that location. Would like to go out with the waders today

slingshotz
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I finally got my waders all patched up (I hope!) and it's time to get the dust off the fly rod. I've noticed that it's pretty dirty downstream of the weir probably due to the construction. Planning to head out tomorrow as I have a day off and I'm not very familiar with the upstream parts other than access at Bowness and the zoo. If anyone can shoot me a pm on some places upstream of the weir that I can get access to the Bow it would be appreciated. Looking to stay downstream of Cochrane if possible don't wanna drive too far on the first day out.

I might stop by at the south Bow after work today to see how stained the water is now.

kevinbrain01
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
you still heading there today?

I3igcircle
04-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Ya we are going to go still today, I don't care if I catch anything right now I just want to try to cast out my new rod lol and go out with the baby for the first time.

My wife wants to be there for his first fish outing so we havn't be able to just head out but once we go for the first time then me and him can head out while she studies lol.

I3igcircle
04-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Well we ended up checking out the river by the new ikea since we had to go to costco anyways to get the family pasport pics.

We set up by the pedestrian bridge and weren't there more than 10 minutes and a guy comes up with 3 dogs and his guitar. He asks us if we'd caught anything then said don't hook his dogs and throws stick into the river across my line :huh: I bring in my lure and we moved down stream a bit from the bridge and the guy came behind us not 5 minutes later starts playing his guitar and again throwing sticks infront of where we were.

I didn't know where else to go along that stretch so we packed up and pic up our photos and came home to watch some flames play off action.