PDA

View Full Version : Mexico fishing cost

rossi
03-03-2017, 07:59 AM
Going to the Miaya Rivera next week just wondering the cost of a trip for an afternoon

bubba 96
03-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Last time we went 2014, a full day charter for the 6 in my family was 800....
and beer and pop included..

rossi
03-03-2017, 08:48 AM
hey thanks

Engels
03-03-2017, 09:09 AM
800 is right in the ballpark for a full day charter. You can also hop over to Cozumel and fish for bonefish/ permit on the flats. If I recall it was about 350 for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yetiseeker
03-03-2017, 09:37 AM
I'd suggest Captain Rick's for the Mayan (out of Playa del Carmen). Call them direct and they can arrange pick up from your resort etc.

bubba 96
03-03-2017, 09:55 AM
I'd suggest Captain Rick's for the Mayan (out of Playa del Carmen). Call them direct and they can arrange pick up from your resort etc.

X2 with captain rick, I've used him where I was recommended by a fellow coworker that has used him...

codywf
03-03-2017, 10:10 AM
We went with "Fishing with Ivan". It was an awesome experience. We caught amberjack and some barracudas. It was $400 for a half day, great crew that's really friendly. We got back to shore and they asked if we wanted the beach restaurant to cook up our fish. We had barracuda, fresh soft tortillas and rice. $7 a person. Easily one of my fondest memories with my dad.

rossi
03-03-2017, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys

bubba 96
03-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Link for captain rick..

http://www.captricksfishing.com/

tracker
03-03-2017, 12:28 PM
If you're on Isla Mujeres you can find excellent guides beginning at $200US/day. I've had some great days there fishing for wahoo, black cod and bonito.

jpohlic
03-03-2017, 02:08 PM
We went with "Fishing with Ivan". It was an awesome experience. We caught amberjack and some barracudas. It was $400 for a half day, great crew that's really friendly. We got back to shore and they asked if we wanted the beach restaurant to cook up our fish. We had barracuda, fresh soft tortillas and rice. $7 a person. Easily one of my fondest memories with my dad.

Last May we went with Ivan and had a great time. We paid $290US for a half day and had the boat to ourselves. The price was good for up to 4 people and it was an extra $30 per person for up to 2 more guests. You have to supply your own snacks and beverages.

The boats are basic but the guides were friendly. We trolled quickly to a nice snorkeling spot and made it there before the big party boats got there. My wife had the entire lagoon to herself for a bit of snorkeling. We only caught a couple bonito but the restaurant on the beach made us the most amazing sashimi I've ever had!!! One of the other boats caught a mahi mahi and they shared it with us. It was good but the sashimi was much better!

mickeyjim
03-03-2017, 08:53 PM
I know a lot of people will think it's crazy, but I have had very good luck booking fishing trips with the dudes on the beach. Always way cheaper than the resort. It can be a bit sketchy but hasn't burned me yet. Last time I booked 4 boats for $1200 bucks in PV. Was about half what it was in the resort. I'm sure if you wandered down to the marina with some cash in your hand you would find a boat pretty quick too. Have fun man, it's a blast down there on the water.