PDA

View Full Version : Mcgregor

TROLLER
03-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Any one have any ice conditions for Mcgregor Is it safe to drive on

Ryder450
03-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Last weekend was 23" of good ice I'm heading out there this weekend should still be good.

Fishchub
03-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Drove on last Saturday and there was 23 inches of good ice.

mustard73
03-03-2017, 01:58 PM
x3 on 23" of good ice last weekend. Big group us were on the ice with diesel trucks and camper trailers.

Ryder450
03-03-2017, 02:01 PM
I'm the guy with the trailer lol

facultoad
03-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Drove on last night- it is cracking a bit but there is still 20-25" of good ice everywhere I've been. Close to shore is a little thinner after the last melt but I'd say its good for the foreseeable future. Oh and the fishing is great.

BStillie58
03-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Are the burbot spawning there yet? I always tend to set my tent up closer to the rock wall area at milo end and I have still yet to land one here or ANYWHERE. :P Oh the struggle eh lol .

Good luck out there!

chucklesthe3rd
03-04-2017, 09:11 PM
I tink de burb spawn is in mid march? correct me if im wrong

Evil69
03-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Yes they are spawning right now however the numbers seem to be down. We spent alot of time searching for them last night and when we did find them there were not in the usual big balls like years past. Small Walleye were a bit of a problem, lots in the 2-4 # range that were more of an annoyance using up minnows. We only kept 2 keeper ling and the bellies were full of minnows. Probably from day time guys dumping unused minnows.
Glo in the dark slender spoons tipped with half minnow and glo in the dark jig head w/white mr.twister tail 8-10" off bottom were producing. The deadstick anchovies only caught pike and walleye. 10-12 FOW over gravel or sand with structure nearby.
Sorry no pics but it was all business last night, I'll get some next trip later in the week...full moon coming up so I expect next weekend to be better, especially with this little cold snap

dodger
03-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Yes they are spawning right now however the numbers seem to be down. We spent alot of time searching for them last night and when we did find them there were not in the usual big balls like years past. Small Walleye were a bit of a problem, lots in the 2-4 # range that were more of an annoyance using up minnows. We only kept 2 keeper ling and the bellies were full of minnows. Probably from day time guys dumping unused minnows.
Glo in the dark slender spoons tipped with half minnow and glo in the dark jig head w/white mr.twister tail 8-10" off bottom were producing. The deadstick anchovies only caught pike and walleye. 10-12 FOW over gravel or sand with structure nearby.
Sorry no pics but it was all business last night, I'll get some next trip later in the week...full moon coming up so I expect next weekend to be better, especially with this little cold snap

Nice report.

Dodger

BStillie58
05-19-2017, 04:55 PM
Hey guys! Has anyone been out to McGregor since the ice off? Looking to check it out this weekend. I'm hoping to finally get a walleye and hopefully a white fish or two any tips? I'll be in my kayak . Thanks in advance!

I was out at clear lake last weekend and hammered around 30 pike even saw some carp or something swimming in a group of 3 . It was the best day on clear I've ever had! Had followers every time I reeled in and lost more then I can remember . They hit on everything I tried but I had the most fun using soft plastic shads. They were all In the shallow areas for the most part.