PDA

View Full Version : Mink on the ice

DOGFISH
03-06-2017, 03:37 PM
We were fishing on Slave this Weekend and had a bait stealer among us. As it turns out we have had a Weasel under the shack before but this time it was a Mink. We were out of Driftpile. Anyone else run across him. On a side note ice conditions are good and fishing was awesome. All species except no Burbot. Looks like the hard water season is not over. DOGFISH

the local angler
03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
nice i recall someone on this forum was fishing with his wife and a muskrat swam up the hole and investigated the immediate surrounding with his wife curled up in the chair. there was a video link, for me funny as hell.

dutchpirate
03-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Hah! I had the same story with my wife (on 40 Mile) but no video.

drhu22
03-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Funny! I had a mink stealing whitefish off my stringer at Bearspaw Dam once. Come to think of it, it also happened at Waterton years ago at Cameron Lake... he got the only trout I caught that day!

Cheeky little buggers eh?

Claymaker
03-06-2017, 11:21 PM
back in Ontario growing up bass fishing we would get big snapping turtles come in and hook on the fish stringer, nothing like pulling up stringer put fish on and big snapper looking at you holding other end

drhu22
03-07-2017, 12:58 AM
back in Ontario growing up bass fishing we would get big snapping turtles come in and hook on the fish stringer, nothing like pulling up stringer put fish on and big snapper looking at you holding other end

Ha Ha.... that would wake you up!
So did you have turtle soup?