PDA

View Full Version : Striped bass fishing lake mead.

58thecat
03-08-2017, 10:31 AM
So anyone ever do it? Recommendations on charters etc very much appreciated. Never caught striped bass and want to have a go at it.:)

Moefoe
03-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Great fish, fun lake...12 years ago I stayed on a house boat out there for 3 days 1st week in May. Didn't have a guide, don't need one just a boat! First thing in the morning till around 10am or so all top water or run and gun for the bait balls with crankbaits...after that they go deep and you have to use jigs or cut bait :thinking-006: Evening comes around the Shad push to the surface and the Stripers follow, cranks and top water all over again...sprinkle in the odd Largemouth, goodtimes!! We didn't have or need a guide but if your staying in Vegas maybe book a half day trip starting around 3 in the afternoon till dark...get a couple hours of deep bait fishin then some top water craziness as it approaches evening! Like I said fun lake, lots to do...along with the Stripers we caught Largemouth, Catfish and Bluegills from the house boat and fly fished for Carp in the back bays, cool trip!!

fish99
03-08-2017, 05:56 PM
did a trip with captain rons charters , was a good time, the big ones fight well , will go again next time in vegas , we meet guide at gas station by henderson at 5:30 am , followed him to the boat launch . was windy though ,center console boat ,did casting and trolling. there are some huge stripers in mead . good luck . post some pictures for those of us not able to go.

DOGFISH
03-08-2017, 07:56 PM
did a trip with captain rons charters , was a good time, the big ones fight well , will go again next time in vegas , we meet guide at gas station by henderson at 5:30 am , followed him to the boat launch . was windy though ,center console boat ,did casting and trolling. there are some huge stripers in mead . good luck . post some pictures for those of us not able to go.

X2 I Used the same charter. Was a great time, he netted live bait (I think Shad) when we first arrived and then jigged and cast for Stipped Bass. I brought my own rod and reel and had a blast. Was awesome to get out of Vegas for the day. Would do it again. DogFish

58thecat
03-08-2017, 09:56 PM

Will do, thanks all for the info.