PDA

View Full Version : Any Slave Lake reports?

PerchBuster
03-09-2017, 02:50 PM
how's the west end doing for fishing this week? Cut Bank, Shaw's Point, Faust, Driftpile etc? Walleye, Perch, Jacks?

cschache
03-09-2017, 10:52 PM
how's the west end doing for fishing this week? Cut Bank, Shaw's Point, Faust, Driftpile etc? Walleye, Perch, Jacks?

Was at Driftpile for 5 days and left Sunday, fishing was good, some nice above legal size walleye and the odd perch, jack were few and far between and the ones that I did catch were all undersized. Ice was still in decent shape.

DOGFISH
03-10-2017, 11:22 AM
I was at Driftpile for 3 days and like cschace we caught lots of legal Walleye, and saw Perch, Pike and Whitefish . Road out is good but shacks are getting pulled slowly.Fishing was off and on all season. Sure glad we went out and tasted some delicious Walleye. My sons buddy had never slept on the ice, so it was new for him. Great time had by all. DogFish

BigBambino
03-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Was out last weekend at Cutbank. Access was good, just follow the ice road from Hilliards Provincial Park. Set up to the east of the shanty town. Got there around 10:30am on Saturday, right away, perch on the camera, finally figured out what they were after, perch talker with minnow and slender spoon with minnow, one of them even hit my 3" rattling jig but couldn't get her on the ice, me and buddy both got one 12"er. Had the odd walleye on glow jig heads and minnows. Nothing was biting on deadstick, we had to lightly jig to get them to bite. Ended up getting a couple small jack as well. We had something to eat on the ice and started fishing again at 5:00pm. From 5:00 - 7:00 we could barely get the glow jig and minnow on the bottom without fish on!! Most where legal size. Needless to say, both of us limited out with 48cm, 50cm, 56cm and 58cm. Next day we hit Widewater on the way back to Edmonton, set up at the shanty village for an hour and we got nothing, then headed in shallow (8-10 fow) and got into some jackfish. Was a good trip, over the two days we both got our walleye and jackfish limit. We ended up seeing a couple whites on the camera at both Cutbank and Widewater, but didn't really target them, so no bites. Have fun!!

BigBambino
03-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Forgot to mention, if you have an auger extension, wouldn't hurt to bring it. Some spots were good with no extension and some spots we needed it.

Sooner
03-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Nice catch BB, some big perch too.

outdoors forever
03-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Cutbank is doing well. Not fantastic, but nice and steady.
We've had some clients have some really productive days and other very slow days, but everyone is able to catch limits.

As stated above, the perch have been unreal from Cutbank this season - I can honestly say I have not seen this many quality perch come from this area of the lake. Its been really good.