PDA

View Full Version : regulaion question

Dewey Cox
03-13-2017, 07:56 AM
Here's one to ponder. Curious what you guys think.
I caught a pike the other day with two large smelt sized burbot babies in his stomach.
Could you use those burbot as bait?
Would that be considered using a game fish as bait, or using fish guts as bait?
I fed them to the kitties with the rest of the guts, but I've been thinking about that ever since

coors04
03-13-2017, 08:18 AM
I would say your best to not use any food you find in a fishes stomach as bait. Assuming the baby burbot were in good condition you would have the issue proving or explaining to fish and game that the burbot were already dead in a pike. I think you made the correct call by not using them as bait.

WayneChristie
03-13-2017, 04:50 PM
you can use the skin fins and eyes, thats it. or throw them on the ice and let them rot since they are burbs. stupid regulation that needs to be changed

chucklesthe3rd
03-13-2017, 09:12 PM
you can use the skin fins and eyes, thats it. or throw them on the ice and let them rot since they are burbs. stupid regulation that needs to be changed

Burbs are game fish in the regs ur not allowed to waste gamefish

WayneChristie
03-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Burbs are game fish in the regs ur not allowed to waste gamefish

Id tell you to read the regs but I know you are trolling Scott. dont you ever get tired of it? because everyone else does

fishunt
03-14-2017, 08:44 PM
check 2017 new regs for burbs :sHa_shakeshout: no more waste!

Outdoorfanatic
03-15-2017, 08:54 AM
I've talked with Dave Park senior fisheries Bio and according to him Burbot are listed as game fish and therefore illegal to waste. However he admits that the regs have not been edited to reflect this legislation but expects the publishers to catch this change soon.

Ryder450
03-15-2017, 09:17 AM
I was wondering a similar thing last weekend I noticed in the shiner minnows I bought there were a lot of baby perch mixed in. Peach are game fish so I started to check the minnows before I used them I don't want to get into trouble just because I bought bait and didn't look at what I was actually using.