PDA

View Full Version : Clear and Twin Valley Lakes Updates

loopyalcsel
04-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Been out at both the last couple of days and there is tons of open water to fish. Caught a bunch of little guys right close to the shoreline. Surprisingly most of the ones I was catching were on spinners. Fish On

rocky97
04-17-2009, 06:41 PM
well at least someone was havin some luck lol fished them both today also. tryed clear first but with the strong wind casting was hard where i was. twin looked promising when i got there, fished the weir and some bays further down the lake but just couldent seem to get them to take anything. with the ice still partly on the lakes the water temp is still very cold so i think it will be a couple more weeks befor the fishing really picks up. also while i was tracking down the shoreline at twin i came across some interesting finds a dead snow goose and not one but five dead WALLEYE never knew there were in there to begin with. it was wired the same spot the snow goose had died there were 3 walleye within sight of one another and then another spot with two right beside each other. my guess is an osprey prob picked em up but i have no idea why they wernt eaten or why there was some many. and ideas on the matter?

muley300
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Anyone know if its worth dragging a boat down there yet or is there still too much ice?
Thanks.

pecker
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Anyone know if its worth dragging a boat down there yet or is there still too much ice?
Thanks.

went to clear last weekend with my buddy wordwide . we didn't take his boat- just shore fishin' . wide open - no ice anywhere . went to the outlet canal at the south end - using smelts on a pikeral rig just off bottom - managed a 26 inch pike and a 29 inch ling . possibly pick up in a couple of weeks once winter leaves us for good .:mad3: tight lines :wave:

muley300
04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the info, think i'll have to try out the new boat down there on sunday.

4D7
04-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Went to clear lake yesterday, windy as heck but we caught 2 huge huge huge burbots in a couple of hours, had many many many nibbles. Those burbots at clear are way smarter fish than the ones at pine coulee, they nibble for 5-20 minutes before they take the bait!

No ice what so ever on the lake.

muley300
04-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Was there sunday and managed a couple of pike both around 24in , about four boats on there and a few fishing from shore.