PDA

View Full Version : Open Water 2017

ChristopherRTO
03-20-2017, 09:06 AM
Has anyone seen any open lakes this year? I just bought a boat and I'm anxious to take it out.

So far I've looked at Keho, St Mary's, and Waterton Reservoir. All three are frozen, but are thawed along the edges. St Mary's and Waterton are both low.

TROLLER
03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Waterton has banned all boats with motors this yr. That includes electric.

Keep checking places like Milk River and Park they may open up a bit sooner but both are closed to fishing till May.

norcodh
03-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Waterton has banned all boats with motors this yr. That includes electric.

Keep checking places like Milk River and Park they may open up a bit sooner but both are closed to fishing till May.

Waterton lake is closed this year not waterton resivoir 2 different places

norcodh
03-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Also chin and ridge boat launchs open apr15 i believe. U can at launch at ridge from east shore if u like tho

ChristopherRTO
03-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Are ridge reservoir or chin lake ice free?

KBF
03-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Has anyone seen any open lakes this year? I just bought a boat and I'm anxious to take it out.

So far I've looked at Keho, St Mary's, and Waterton Reservoir. All three are frozen, but are thawed along the edges. St Mary's and Waterton are both low.

St Mary's and Waterton in pretty typical this time of year. St Marys actually a lot higher than last year at this time. Good to see

kouleerunner
03-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Are ridge reservoir or chin lake ice free?

Checked chin last night, open around the bridge about 150 to 200 yards. Open around the edges, weak ice for 2-5 Ft. West dam is thicker, still open near edges, but was able to walk on and 8-10 inches close to dam. Yellow lakes had some open water, as does horsefly. The shallower lakes are opening up quickly, the deeper reservoirs will be a while yet. :thinking-006: