PDA

View Full Version : Lake Newell Fishing Tourny

Stella
04-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know if the lake newell tourny is still the father's day weekend?
Any info. would be appreciated.

budd77
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM
There aren't any tournaments at Newell. There is a SAWT tournament at Travers on the Fathers Day weekend.

packhuntr
04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
The Elks puts on a derby fathers day weekend at lake Noodle. Its a one day deal, about 7am to 3pm, cant remember now,, they may have changed it abit, but if you go you will have to capitalize on the morning feed,, beleive me. I lost 3 fish to win the deal with an estimated 65lbs on 3, 4 years ago. Just over 15lbs on 3 won it that year,,, I worked my azz off and was one sad dude at the end of that day. The next year I set a new summer derby record at just over 41 lbs on 3, and won the deal by a LONG SHOT. The next year I was just outa the money sitting in 4th at the end of the day. Those back to back were the only 3 years I ever fished it. Im gettin my azz handed to me over in the SAWT now, and lovin it!! Those little derbys are alot of fun if ya know where to look for the big girlz, and it can be pretty easy takin the money from those guys that fish those derbys. Get at er and have fun.