PDA

View Full Version : Land for hunting? Where?

Okotokian
02-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Wondering... I've heard tell that there is land set aside for hunting by various groups. On county maps I sometimes see a portion on a lake that has "DU" (Ducks Unlimited?) on it. In the same vein, I've heard about land set aside under the Buck for Wildlife (or something similar) plan. Maybe pheasants too? Perhaps also lands for local fish and game associations. I've heard various stories of who administers this land and what it's for, all in passing and without much detail.

Can't seem to find anything on the websites of SRD, ACA, AFGA, etc. How would someone find out the real goods on these lands, rules for use, and where they are actually located? God I wish someone produced a good "Hunting Map" of Alberta....

jrs
02-23-2007, 07:39 PM
The link is on the afga site but for whatever reason the links haven't worked on my computor for a while (i was trying to find the link for you). Theres supposed to be a document with all the properties, locations, and sizes listed on there somewhere. I wish i kept an old copy, i think it may just be due to the recent changes on the site.

varmitr
02-24-2007, 11:04 AM
saskabush

hrlakay
02-24-2007, 05:14 PM
OKO

Try this link and click the download Icon at the bottom of the page.

www.afga.org//content.htm...etrustfund

Good luck
hrlakay

grandzillaa
02-25-2007, 05:44 AM
AFGA land is for all Albertians to enjoy. I know where 3 such areas are. It is foot access only. If your lucky you will find some land that has a oilwell road, otherwise parking can be hard to find. You shoot it, you drag it. Good exercise.:D

javascript:MM_openBrWindow('www.afga.org/documents.ht...dth=900'); (http://www.afga.org/documents.html?fileID=41','',',toolbar=yes,menubar =N,scrollbars=yes,height=600,width=900');)

varmitr
02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
there is also the public grazing pastures they are located all over the province, ive been on lots of them. some get hit really hard, while others barely get a footprint. mostly they are open for access after Oct when the pasture is done.
googl it
www.srd.gov.ab.ca/land/re...ccess.html (http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/land/recaccess/publiclandaccess.html)