PDA

View Full Version : Christina Lake

slvrsurfr
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone. i know everyone is getting the itch for some open water! Just wondering if anyone has fished Christina Lake by Conklin. Wanting to take my son on a trip and just wanted to make sure this was a decent spot. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!...thanks...

beermilk
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
the first pike i ever caught was at christian lake 2 summers ago nice lake i will be going again this summer for sure. i stayed in one of the cabins there with the family. probbaly gonna try the tent out this time

you do have to read the regs closely tho because the lake has 2 sets of regs one for most of the lake and another for the part of the lake called "Saw bones bay" they have differnt opening season dates for sure i know that. not sure what other differnces or if there is any

Simpatico Outdoors
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I stayed at the lodge 6yrs ago and fished for two months. I found it was best in June and early July. Caught quite a few pike and walleye. My biggest pikes to date are from there. One 15.5lbs the other 18lbs. I liked one of the first weed beds before the narrows on the North side and a few holes on the South side just a little off line from the Cabins to the East. More Walleye if you go to the back end.

Good luck.

tbosch
04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I've had some of my best days top water pike fishing christina lake. Make sure you bring lots of buzz baits and poppers. The pike shred and bend them pretty quick. If you want more specifics on the areas PM me. Overall it is good fishing and a chance at some large pike and walleye.

slvrsurfr
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks , i really appreciate it. This will be my sons first real fishing trip and I want to make it a good one. From your experiences it sounds like it may be a good spot for his first one.

tbosch
04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks , i really appreciate it. This will be my sons first real fishing trip and I want to make it a good one. From your experiences it sounds like it may be a good spot for his first one.

It will be a good trip. I'm sure of it. Are you planning to camp or rent a cabin? I'm just curious because I heard PTI camp company bought the lodge in the last couple of years. They are using it as a camp/fishing lodge from what I understand. Not sure if this is an issue or not but I just remembered and thought I should pass that info on.

slvrsurfr
04-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks tbosch...i sent them an e-mail and getting a cabin and boat shouldnt be a problem....

Safety D
04-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Working up at EnCana cant wait tell after May long.....

tbosch
04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Working up at EnCana cant wait tell after May long.....

For sure SD. I'll probably bring my boat up a couple weeks after may long to slay some big pike. Oh and work of course...

Safety D
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
you up here? PM me I am at the EnCana camp.

Jcamp
06-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Been fishing this lake for 3 years now! Best fishing has been this year. In 5 two hours trips we have managed to catch 165 Walleyes!!

Safety D
06-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Not even a comparison to Fred though....:argue2:

bezzola
06-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Better to head down the road to Winifred lake much better fishing

Jcamp
06-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Caught 95 Walleyes and 5 Pike last night!!

pickrel pat
06-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Not even a comparison to Fred though....:argue2:

Been to both this spring have you?

pickrel pat
06-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Better to head down the road to Winifred lake much better fishing

Has that been your experience this year?