PDA

View Full Version : Calling lake access?

capper
03-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Any recent info on access on the lake. Trying to decide which lake to fish Friday and calling is a contender. Ive already put the snowmobile away so truck access only for me. Thanks

Lowrance Fishburn
03-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Any recent info on access on the lake. Trying to decide which lake to fish Friday and calling is a contender. Ive already put the snowmobile away so truck access only for me. Thanks

I wouldn't drive onto any lake at the moment but that's just me. been pretty warm the last little while.

curtz
03-29-2017, 05:15 PM
Was at Calling last weekend, easy drive on at the first boat launch, about 40 inch of ice you will need a extention.

Sea Hawk
03-29-2017, 05:29 PM
I was there monday and drove on with no problem. I plan to head out friday as well.

Mayhem
03-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Ice is good but they really need to build a bottle depot there...

Drewski Canuck
03-30-2017, 09:57 AM
If the PP launch is looking sketchy, go back out on 813 and go North. When you see the sign for the Waste Transfer Station, keep going. next Access is Calling Lake Drive, and this access is the one that goes to Ben Auger Park, the Indian Reserve, etc.

Turn onto Calling Lake Drive. About 100 meters on the RIGHT (North) side you will see a gravel road. Turn RIGHT. You can follow it down to a parking spot, and there is no ice heave at this location. There is flood water.

You are driving through some cat tails, so walk it first to be sure.

The sun is hitting the PP entrance, and all the dirt from the tires will start making the approach soft. The north access hardly gets used, as no one knows about it. The sun is not on that shore.

The northeast corner is shallow and sandy, so you do have to drive out a bit to get to 8 FOW. You can drive across to the Rock Island River on the North West Corner from here. Don't get close to the river, it is flowing, and the ice will be thin. There are some pretty good humps off the river though, as in 30 to 10 FOW, the size of a baseball diamond.

Drewski

capper
03-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted on how I do.