PDA

View Full Version : Bow River

BigA
04-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm heading down to Calgary this coming weekend and wanted to try my luck. I know that visibility might not be that great due to spring run off, but I don't get down there very often and can't pass up an opprotunity to fish the Bow.

Like I said, I'm not in Calgary very often and I want to make sure that I'm reading the regs right and fishing in the right area. Where exactly is the WHD weir? I know I have to be downstream of it, but am not sure where it is. From looking at maps in the fishing regs, it looks like it is somewhere close to the middle of the city. Is that correct? Anyone have any tips? I'll be spin fishing, hopefully around the 22X overpass as that is close to where I am staying.

Thanks for confirmationand/or correction of the location of the weir and for any info of the area. I am also hoping to hit Bass Pro on the way down. Heard good things.

alacringa
04-19-2009, 10:47 PM
BigA,
the WHD weir is just upstream from Blackfoot Trail -- so no concerns for you there.

rhuntley12
04-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I was down at Fish Creek last weekend and caught a beauty just south of the bridge.

With the river as fast as it was I just put on a jig and let it float down a ways and reel it back in. River was so fast didn't realize I hooked one at first.

BigA
04-20-2009, 10:14 PM
cool. Great job. My brother lives in the Shawnessey so I am hoping I can convince him to come out as well.