PDA

View Full Version : Still nothing in the north??

jpietrzak1979
04-20-2009, 05:24 PM
I know I'm beating the dead horse but we have been having such awesome weather has nobody seen any open spots of water here in north alberta? Just wondering I'd love to slip away tommorrow morning and find me some fish! :love:

pdfish
04-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Its called the North Saskatchewan River. Only place I know of that's open. Its a good time of year, before the mountain runoff hits.

jpietrzak1979
04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Well the nsr is clear of ice but already muddy. I drove past today and it looked completely browned out. I never caught anything when its that dirty i assume they cannot see the lure.

pdfish
04-21-2009, 06:57 AM
It'll clean itself up right away, and be good for about 3-4 weeks before the big run-off hits.

tbosch
04-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Well the nsr is clear of ice but already muddy. I drove past today and it looked completely browned out. I never caught anything when its that dirty i assume they cannot see the lure.

Try a lure that makes some noise in the water. Fish dont need to see the lure to find it. I caught more walleye out of the red deer river during the flood than I ever have before with various rattling jerk baits.

Cal
04-23-2009, 07:28 AM
The rivers are open all over but any place you can legaly fish this time of year your going to have to fly into. The lakes are still froze up so going after trout is not going to happen. This is the time of year to take your canoe and explore some new territory for when the season opens... just dont flip.

jpietrzak1979
04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I went down to the river couple times this week and i'm happy to say there was lots of burbot and a walleye too... Not that I caught any but people around me did hehe...