PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton area

jts1
04-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey guys Sucram is on a little trip with his wife and will be in Edmonton tomorrow for a few days. Just got a phone call asking if I could drop a thread asking if there was any open water up there he could wet a line in. Thanks....

Rumtan
04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Not quite yet.....but by the weekend there should be a few open, unless he wants to try his luck in the NSR?

redneck posse
04-20-2009, 05:59 PM
i've spent the last 3 days running around looking for open water about the only ponds i've seen open are the ponds here in edmonton. i know saturday hasse star mink and jackfish where still solid

happy perch fisher
04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
All the lakes probably have 1-2.5 feet of ice on them still. I know of one trout lake that is 65percent and another one is open up to 60 feet out when i checked them last friday.- But everything else is probably going to be frozen till aleast the first week of may.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Morinville reservoir is partly open , I talked to Sucram yesterday but best bet for any open water is the north Sask river but take your rubber boots.

Morph1
04-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I'll say one thing,
a potholes with no trees around.... , now I better shut up,
plenty of open water since last weekend, just drive west HW 16 A :lol:
I did my early research 2 years ago and dhamn it pays off ....

billybobjimbo jr.
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Morph,
You wouldn't be talking about East
Pit would you?
cheers,
BBJ Jr.

Morph1
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I heard that it's fairly open but haven't seen it myself,
the lake is long length wise so the ice maybe shifting from point a to point b and vise versa, so don't be surprised if you see the ice right down the hill, the other side maybe fairly open.
I will be checking it out on Sunday myself.

Has anyone have a look at Hermitage Pond in the city ???

Cheers !

buckmaster
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I heard that it's fairly open but haven't seen it myself,
the lake is long length wise so the ice maybe shifting from point a to point b and vise versa, so don't be surprised if you see the ice right down the hill, the other side maybe fairly open.
I will be checking it out on Sunday myself.

Has anyone have a look at Hermitage Pond in the city ???

Cheers !

hermitage is 1/2 open water already.

Morph1
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
went to Beaumont Puddle - what a riot ... it was my first and last time there,
it's completely ice free, the wind almost picked me up and flew me back to Edmonton....
New line works great !!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-22-2009, 10:48 PM
went to Beaumont Puddle - what a riot ... it was my first and last time there,
it's completely ice free, the wind almost picked me up and flew me back to Edmonton....
New line works great !!!

LOL Beaumont puddle LOL yeah shes been clear for about 5 or 6 days , according to a source . Thats where I thought you had been for open water , but west of the city Hummmmmmm I got another place but cant think of its name just know where it is , Might have to send ya a Pm and ask ya . :lol::lol::lol::lol: Im in desperate need to cast a line even if its with my ice rod cus everything is packed away for my trip.

Fishmaster
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Morinville rez is fully opened tried fishing it for an hour last night but not a bite, winds were soo cold froze up my eye holes on my flyrod. And today its snowing for the past hour like crazyy

Fishmaster
04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
oh and in morinville the trout pond by the highway was half opened

lazer loop
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Is there any news on east pit, chickakoo or muir ?

Slannesh
04-23-2009, 11:18 PM
I went out to Hasse Lake on Tuesday and it's still mostly frozen over, only 20-30 feet off water off the one pier and maybe 6' off the other. All very shallow still but there were a ton of minnows hanging out under and around the pier...

Can't stand much more winter, I need me some open water soon!

eys8830
04-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Muir lake is starting to open about 20% open I was there on wednesday

SuCraM
04-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Was in the are on the 21st and went to Hasse and it was closed due to constriction so could not see, Mink was about 60 percent ice free but no access by foot which sucks. Took the hike to east pit lake only to be disappointed with totally iced over contrary to other members suggestions. Didn't bother hitting jackfish. I should of just stuck to my original plan of going to morrinville res but oh well that's life and my three day trip was good even though I did not even get a bite.

tonyflyfish
04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
are basicly open-some ice in the middle. Will be at Sauer tomorrow. Green Jon boat or red canoe. Black GMC Sierra.

Morph1
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Was in the are on the 21st and went to Hasse and it was closed due to constriction so could not see, Mink was about 60 percent ice free but no access by foot which sucks. Took the hike to east pit lake only to be disappointed with totally iced over contrary to other members suggestions. Didn't bother hitting jackfish. I should of just stuck to my original plan of going to morrinville res but oh well that's life and my three day trip was good even though I did not even get a bite.

Went to Hasse this evening, 50% of the lake is open, they were removing large trees there .... I seen lots of them cut down.
I seen a few rises, had lots of bites but could not set the hook - must've been those mini perch nibbeling around the hook, did a bit of fly fishing but no luck either.
The T shape dock was separated from the shore floating about 30 feet out,
water levels are down at least a foot + - that sux...
Hope this lake brings plenty of joy this summer :)

Cheers !