PDA

View Full Version : New to the area. Suggestions needed!

Drtodd94
04-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Hey fellas I have recently moved to Airdrie from up north and I have been in search of some potent local fishin holes! I know there is a lot of experienced anglers on here that could pass on some valuable info.
I will be fishing from shore with baitcasting gear. Primarily catch and release. Not too picky on species, although trout would be a top choice.

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,
Dylan

Stryker80
04-04-2017, 10:13 PM
DeWitts pond just west of airdrie on yanked valley, it's a stocked trout pond but it's joke. There's Bruce lake for pike, that's east of balzac it's OK for hammer handles.

Drtodd94
04-04-2017, 10:21 PM
DeWitts pond just west of airdrie on yanked valley, it's a stocked trout pond but it's joke. There's Bruce lake for pike, that's east of balzac it's OK for hammer handles.

DeWitts would be the closest for me to try, doesn't sound like you've got much faith in it haha. A little Pike fishin out at Bruce would be good too, I'm more set up for Pike and Walleye than anything. Want to get into the Trout more if possible. Appreciate it man [emoji106]

densa44
04-05-2017, 08:33 AM
You now live in a trout fisherman's paradise. Get a fly rod, some elk hair caddis flys and head west, any of the streams coming out of the mountains are excellent. Give a bit for the water to clear up. You may appreciate waders.

Drtodd94
04-05-2017, 09:01 AM
You now live in a trout fisherman's paradise. Get a fly rod, some elk hair caddis flys and head west, any of the streams coming out of the mountains are excellent. Give a bit for the water to clear up. You may appreciate waders.

Would love to get into fly fishing. I've got a buddy that can show me. Just gotta budget in a new rod when I get the chance haha thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.Shortington
04-05-2017, 09:03 AM

Or at least wait until the streams open (June 15th)