PDA

View Full Version : Severn

TROLLER
04-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Anyone know if the ice is off Severn yet?

Sharpie
04-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Tuesday March 28th there was about 15-20 feet of open water on the North end along the rocks and by the dock. Enough to fish, be quite a bit more room now im guessing.

TROLLER
04-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Thanks a lot

Guess I'll have to take a drive and see if it is no open. But. with this weather I may just load my pond boat up just in case.

the local angler
04-06-2017, 04:35 PM
i'm more curious as to how long anglers have before that blue green algea thing hits again.

TROLLER
04-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Usually shows up somewhere around mid summer

ReconWilly
04-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Drove out yesterday.

Waste of time and gas.

Ice free but dirtier than the bow during runoff.

Thick dark brown chocolate milk .

Wind was out of control, drove around the perimeter and promptly drove away.

bigskinner
04-07-2017, 06:10 PM
i'm more curious as to how long anglers have before that blue green algea thing hits again.

That's nothing , we used to call it just the lake turning over after the winter , bottom ground thawing, wont hurt the fish , mostly just floating on top.
Lots of lakes same thing

slough shark
04-07-2017, 10:47 PM
Drove out yesterday.

Waste of time and gas.

Ice free but dirtier than the bow during runoff.

Thick dark brown chocolate milk .

Wind was out of control, drove around the perimeter and promptly drove away.

Good to know it's open, as far as water clarity I can't say I've ever seen it very clear, it's always kinda murky.

TROLLER
04-08-2017, 09:33 AM
That's nothing , we used to call it just the lake turning over after the winter , bottom ground thawing, wont hurt the fish , mostly just floating on top.
Lots of lakes same thing

I agree it is just turning over. It will clean up in the next few weeks. That being said it never is a clear lake.