PDA

View Full Version : SE Alberta open water

dutchpirate
04-05-2017, 05:48 PM
Bullshead is wide open. Reesor only has ice at the south end by the dam and along the west edge of the lake. Dock area is wide open.

kbobbeck
04-05-2017, 06:41 PM
thanks for the update

Bartfly
04-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Has anybody been to Pine Coulee yet this year? Is the ice off?

Okotokian
04-06-2017, 11:53 AM
Has anybody been to Pine Coulee yet this year? Is the ice off?

I imagine that place is going to be a madhouse this year with the new walleye regs.

hellitsme
04-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Pine coulee is all open. Chain lakes still has ice about 30ft from shore. Paine lake is open

Bartfly
04-06-2017, 04:04 PM
OK Thanks

Delavan
04-06-2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the update!

I will go to Reesor this week-end if I can help it.

Im still confused about the # of hooks, trebles, etc...

Am I allowed to use a rapala with 2 x treble hooks?

dutchpirate
04-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the update!

I will go to Reesor this week-end if I can help it.

Im still confused about the # of hooks, trebles, etc...

Am I allowed to use a rapala with 2 x treble hooks?

A hook is defined as a single, double, or triple point on a common shaft. The trebles you are referring to are typically 3 points on one shaft, so you have 2, 3-point hooks on that lure and are therefore legal.

Delavan
04-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Cheers!

Delavan
04-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Dutch?

What is the story with the Medicine Hat college pond?
It says on the website that its open April 1st, bait ok and that there is pike in there.

I arrived on site, to see that there is no fishing signs on the trailes next by the pond...

???????????

dutchpirate
04-08-2017, 05:46 AM
The college pond is NOT the one by the college, lol. It's across the street to the east, behind the old student res buildings and backed onto the golf course. From the college head east on College Drive, turn south onto Primrose right behind the student residence buildings. Immediately to your left is a small parking area down a slight hill.

Do NOT make the mistake of trying so see how bad a pike from there tastes! Did that once out of curiosity (how bad could it be)...now I know!!:sign0068:

Delavan
04-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Lol.

Just showed the wife your map with the colors. She is laughing at me. I was mad last night because she said that she wouln't cast in that pond with a no fishing sign. I was pretending that those folks are out to lunch and that I would fish anyway lol.

Now you can imagine myself with the wife, both carrying our rods and folding chairs in front of that "no fishing" sign on College ground, me being frustrated lol.

I'm a catch & release guy, mostly because I don't know enough on what's good what's not, and a little afraid of pollution levels.

I tried Echo Dale yesterday, its windy there. No bite. I have to learn how to fish for trout.
Living in Yellowknife before, I learned how to fish by catching pike after pike ,fairly easy. I also need to know the regs pretty good.
Fishing down South need more patience...hopefully I can buy a bucket of patience from CT or Wholesale sports....

crudedude
04-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Good morning,

Would you happen to know if Michelle Lake is fishable yet. Thinking about heading that way latter this afternoon.

Thanks

idaman
04-09-2017, 09:34 AM
Good morning,

Would you happen to know if Michelle Lake is fishable yet. Thinking about heading that way latter this afternoon.

Thanks

Should be... was out on Bullshead & Spruce Coluee the other day.

In the SW...
Beauvais was still almost completely frozen yesterday, Lees was open water and Gap by Exshaw was 80% ice free.