PDA

View Full Version : Fishing advice

eys8830
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I have been in Alberta for 3 years now and did not get or took the time to go fishing in the past. I got myself a boat, fixed up and now I am awaiting to season to open ...

I prefer trout fishing, but in the past I have fished lake trout and Atlantic land lock salmon on lakes.

I am planning to go out the Oben lake near Hinton since it is open year round and to Abraham (Trout) lake May 15th when it opens.

What should I use to spoons or lures for the trout out here?

I did not plan on buying a down rigger, do you think I will be needing one?

Also is being cought in the North Sask. river between Genesses and Devon? and what type of spoons and lures are used...

I never fished with just the spoons or lures I used to use live bait... it is legal back in NB.

Thanks for the help

tonyflyfish
04-21-2009, 03:45 PM
flyfish these days but see lots casting and trolling Meps, Panther Martins etc.

fishing_flower
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I like the len thompson lures, they have nice action in the water.

tbosch
04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
flat fish or small crankbaits work well also.

eys8830
04-21-2009, 05:19 PM
what seize should use for brook trout, lake trout, rainbow and brown ?

godziuk
04-22-2009, 06:37 AM
fish the North Sask river for the widest variety of fish in one system in the province.

AlbertaAngler
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Also is being cought in the North Sask. river between Genesses and Devon? and what type of spoons and lures are used...

The new Barry Mitchell fishing guide has a nice short article on the NSR. If you are new to Alberta or new to fishing in Alberta his guide is one of the best investments you can make imho.

Tight lines