PDA

View Full Version : Motor Boats Banned From Waterton

the11fisherman
04-10-2017, 08:56 PM
So......what are your thoughts about this one? Starting this year all motor boats are banned from Waterton. This is in fear of the quagga and Zebra mussels. I can understand to a degree where they are coming from, but at the same time, I find it hard to believe that it was such a quick change.

Wonder if they would think of putting some sort of quarantine option. The mussels are unable to stay alive or their young for than a month out of the water. So...... how about just making a place where people can leave their boats out of the water for a month in the park and once that month is up you can now use your boat in Waterton?

I have 4 boats and I would gladly make the biggest one my official "Waterton Boat." I could happily leave it there for 2 months if it meant that I could use it in Waterton.

HowSwedeItIs
04-10-2017, 09:04 PM
I would think that they would be reluctant to have a big ugly 'boat park' in the area, I can see where people would be frustrated with the decision though

the11fisherman
04-10-2017, 10:05 PM
I would think that they would be reluctant to have a big ugly 'boat park' in the area, I can see where people would be frustrated with the decision though

If they put it up near the water treatment facility, it would be well hidden from view of the majority of people. (maybe not golfers and some horseback riders)