PDA

View Full Version : Question about Suzanne lake bc

Robmcleod82
04-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Just curious about the boat launch. I have an 18 foot kingfisher and wondering if anybody knows if i will be able to get it in the water there?

biggyJ
04-19-2017, 09:28 PM
I have been there the last couple of years.

It's a maybe. Depends on your driving skills. Not a lot of room to turn around. The launch itself is in the middle of a bc parks campground which every time I have been there is always full. And when they park they don't leave you a lot of room.

Launch itself is an unimproved rough launch. No concrete. Pretty narrow. Muddy when you back into the lake. Small dock beside. Crystal clear water.

We took a 16ft drift boat which is super light to launch, so we didn't have to back in far.

Most of the guys I saw there were in small tinners with electrics or small gas.

Not trying to deter you....just giving you the heads up.

Never targeted the bows, but had fun with plentiful bass. Nothing big, half pound at best is what we found. But you will catch 50-100 of the little guys.

Robmcleod82
04-19-2017, 10:03 PM
pulling it with a crew cab long box may be a no go or a drive in with the truck and check first.

biggyJ
04-19-2017, 10:47 PM
Pretty small lake. I don't want to lead you astray. You might want to drive up and check things out before you go.

Quick search on the web says boat launch is suitable to canoes and car topper boats. I would say this is pretty accurate. Drift boat is small and light to launch so we had no issues. However,, 18ft kingfisher might be a little tougher to get in???

Beautiful little drive. Go right at the fork on the back road or you will end up at the cabins.

damaltor
04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
As well, the drive in to the lake could be interesting, if you meet someone coming the other way. Beautiful area and lake though.

Kingfisher
04-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Just curious about the boat launch. I have an 18 foot kingfisher and wondering if anybody knows if i will be able to get it in the water there?

I have the exact same boat as you. I wouldn't take it in there. It's a small lake and best suited for 12-14 foot aluminum boats or an inflateable with an electric.

Freddydog
04-22-2017, 10:46 PM
don't do it your way to big for that lake