PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon on the Fraser

brendan's dad
04-24-2017, 09:17 AM
I have never posted in the fishing section before but thought I would put a plug in for a great guide service in Mission, BC. A buddy asked me to come on a guided 2 day Sturgeon trip in Mission, BC. The guiding company was STS. The guides were great, boat and tackle awesome, and even the provided lunches were top notch. We caught a total of 13 Sturgeon, 10 of which were over 5.5 lbs. The biggest on the 1st day was 8'4" and we top that on the second day with 8'7". Excellent experience as this was first guided trip of any kind I was on.

13mileranch
04-24-2017, 10:18 AM
Looks like you had a great time. Very nice fish!

yetiseeker
04-24-2017, 10:24 AM
What time of year did you go? Pictures look like they have leaves on the trees from last year???

brendan's dad
04-24-2017, 10:37 AM
What time of year did you go? Pictures look like they have leaves on the trees from last year???

Just this past weekend

RavYak
04-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Saw you guys going to the beach with the big one on Friday.

brendan's dad
04-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Saw you guys going to the beach with the big one on Friday.

Wow, small world. Were you also fishing with a guide or running on your own?

Angler2
04-24-2017, 05:15 PM
I have never posted in the fishing section before but thought I would put a plug in for a great guide service in Mission, BC. A buddy asked me to come on a guided 2 day Sturgeon trip in Mission, BC. The guiding company was STS. The guides were great, boat and tackle awesome, and even the provided lunches were top notch. We caught a total of 13 Sturgeon, 10 of which were over 5.5 lbs. The biggest on the 1st day was 8'4" and we top that on the second day with 8'7". Excellent experience as this was first guided trip of any kind I was on.

I took my son fishing with STS 5-6 years ago. Actually stayed at the owners House (Vic) as he ran a B+B in his basement. Had a great time and itching to do it again!!!! :):):)

RavYak
04-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Wow, small world. Were you also fishing with a guide or running on your own?

We were the guys in the kayaks(I just created a post about our trip too) you probably saw us too I am guessing.

brendan's dad
04-24-2017, 06:54 PM
We were the guys in the kayaks(I just created a post about our trip too) you probably saw us too I am guessing.

Yes we did, and that is awesome pulling in a Sturgeon in a kayak, crazy!