PDA

View Full Version : NSR Sturgeon Question

waterninja
04-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Some of you know that even though I fish the NSR regularly, I have never targeted sturgeon, nor caught one yet. Figured I'd change that this year. Is it to early in the season to target Sturgeon? Do they hang around in the winter, or migrate like goldeye do? Now that boat launch is open in Edmonton, was planning on getting out soon to some sturgeon spots I know.

Safety D
04-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Wait tell August. Best bet. River is going to be high for awhile

Bushmaster
04-26-2017, 03:22 PM
I've only ever caught one....kinda a bucket list thing. Went with a buddy from Veg. Went north of Willingdon to the Shandro bridge, dropped the boat in and went a few miles upstream. Put in to shore and in a coupla of hours we each had caught one...used to have pics but that computer crashed.

Good to see you back, ninjaman !!

neilsledder
04-26-2017, 03:48 PM
I seen on Facebook a guy caught a sturgeon already this year. As for the river being high I don't think it matters as much for them as they are not a sight feeding fish they are bottom feeders. But you will have better luck in warmer water. Going to try for them lots this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does it ALL outdoors
04-28-2017, 03:46 AM
All mine were caught roughly mid July to mid August when it was hottest out. As soon as the weather cooled off so did the bite.

Ninja, I PM'd you

Teamprotz
04-28-2017, 03:01 PM
I've had some of my best days in early may with the water high and dirty. And during the day , not at night. big back eddy behind an island

YeeHaw
05-01-2017, 11:10 AM
They can be caught throughout the year, I know a few have been caught already. Hopefully going back out Thursday and Friday if I don't take the bike out.