PDA

View Full Version : Poacher

gulogulo
02-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Fri, February 16, 2007

Poacher targets bighorn sheep
UPDATED: 2007-02-16 01:33:40 MST

By BILL KAUFMANN, CALGARY SUN

Fish and Wildlife officials are hunting someone they believe is a serial poacher preying on bighorn sheep near Pincher Creek.

Five of the sheep have been killed in a mountainous area south of the town, about150 km south of Calgary since late December in two separate incidents, said Fish and Wildlife officer Perry Abramenko.

"The wastage is of high concern -- they've just shot them for the cape and head and just leave the rest," said Abramenko.

The trophy heads can be sold for hundreds or thousands of dollars, said Abramenko, adding anyone aware of the recent sale of such trophies should call 1-800-642-3800.

jrs
02-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Still no leads eh? The media attention on this incident is sure minimal, i think theres more coverage about that cat nursing a dog in some other country. I'm sure hoping they catch those guys. And again, the trophy head prices being way over-estimated. Maybe get a couple grand for the cape and thats about all thats easily dealed away. What a waste of animals.

Grizzly Adams
02-16-2007, 05:02 PM
You want attention? Just go and shoot a couple of feral horses, or abuse your dog. Something about that logic escapes me.
Grizz

calgarychef
02-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Grizz it's pretty bad huh? I was thinking that before Willie Picton was caught there was less attention paid to the missing hookers than there was to these "murdered" horses.

the chef