PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer at Sundre?

jrs
04-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Anyone drive over the past few days? Hows the clarity and water levels? Or has anyone noticed how clear the Clearwater or James Rivers have been? Thanks.

barbless
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Was over the Red Deer at Sundre on Saturday the 18th and it's starting to look like lite-chocolate milk. Still ice in a lot of spots going west. James is also brown. Will be back there on this Saturday and will do another visual on the rivers. Didn't think they open till June. Might have to read reg's again.

jrs
04-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the report, doesn't sound promising for that area. Anyone been over the past few days here with the cooler weather?

cammat
04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Drove over the red deer just south of sundre yesterday. The water level is a little low but it seemed clear to me. The clearwater is the clearest ive ever seen it right now but havent had anyluck lately. The james didnt look bad as I drove over it on 22 so its worth a shot.

jrs
04-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks a lot cammat, hopefully i'll have a conditions report after the weekend here. May have to try a few spots, i'm hoping to get into a few fish before spring gets here.

bushman53
04-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I was over the reddeer in sundre this evening and its low and clear. the fishin upstream of sundre has been great all week. Lots of good bulls and few nice browns

jrs
04-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Just got back from out there. Weathers sure not very tolerable. The Red Deer and Little Red Deer are both fishable but going further upstream is a good idea on both those streams. Water levels are really low but its pretty murky as you move downstream (can't think of the lower bridge crossing road numbers). But a few willing little trout. The streamers were getting lots of attention but i put the fly road away after the wind and ice pellets picked up. I'm hoping to find somewhere else to go tomorrow, will see how the weather looks.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/edsicom/IMGP0333-1.jpg

I'm not one to usually give up this early in the day but i was just drenched after a few hours of snow, bit of sun, rain, bit of sun, ice pellets, bit of sun, then heavy snow.