PDA

View Full Version : Spots to fish North Sask in edmonton

asimpatico
05-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Hi there everyone!! I have a quick question for all of the fisherman out there. Are there any good spots on the north sask to catch pike and walleye in the Edmonton area. Just planning to go out later today or tomorrow. Any tips would help thanks.

Lowrance Fishburn
05-01-2017, 11:02 AM
There are some decent spots but unfortunately you may be barking up the wrong tree. Most guys are happy to give you fishing advice but aren't willing to give up their favorite spots. Pretty common theme among fisherman. Good luck!

If you are fishing the river though I would say a pickerel rig is your easiest bet. Just tie a weight to the bottom and fling it out there and let the current to the work. Pretty boring though. Light tackle is the way to go. - spinners, jigs. Anything big and you're likely to get hung up as the river is FULL of debris. I've probably lost about 100 hooks in the NSR since I was a boy.

waterninja
05-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Hermitage Park. Beverly Bridge. Goldbar Park. 50 st Boat Launch. One spot that has a nice drop off is around 86 st and 112 ave. You can drive down to it, but I've only seen it from the boat, so don't have exact access info.

waterninja
05-01-2017, 01:36 PM
There are some decent spots but unfortunately you may be barking up the wrong tree. Most guys are happy to give you fishing advice but aren't willing to give up their favorite spots. Pretty common theme among fisherman. Good luck!

If you are fishing the river though I would say a pickerel rig is your easiest bet. Just tie a weight to the bottom and fling it out there and let the current to the work. Pretty boring though. Light tackle is the way to go. - spinners, jigs. Anything big and you're likely to get hung up as the river is FULL of debris. I've probably lost about 100 hooks in the NSR since I was a boy.
Since you were a boy?? Heck, you can lose 100 hooks in one summer. lol

338 Rules
05-01-2017, 01:47 PM
I have an awesome spot, my GF caught a 32" Walleye there last year! Lots of River Redhorse Suckers man do they ever fight! A pickerel rig with minnows seems to be the best system.

Try Devon area :)

Lowrance Fishburn
05-01-2017, 01:48 PM

One summer when I was about 14 I lost nearly an entire tackle box...that tackle box belonged to my dad lol. He was really happy with me.

FishingPole
05-01-2017, 05:42 PM

This is especially true in the Hermitage area!

mickeyjim
05-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Isn't that River closed till the 8th?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

mickeyjim
05-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Isn't that River closed till the 8th?

Disregard this

Safety D
05-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Rivers open ?

neilsledder
05-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Rivers open ?

River is open all year or if you are talking ice it's is ice free. Not sure where you want to fish but Devon has a nice spot or two. Just upstream from the bridge Devon side of the river there's a nice small back eddy there. Just around the corner from the nudest beach (cotton tail landing) there is a real nice back eddy there just before the big cliffs, caught a few nice fish there! Just don't go there on a nice sunny day lol, because unfortunately there is mostly old dudes hang out there lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waterninja
05-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Rivers open ?
Open all year round. I have caught fish in the NSR on every month of the calender. Probably the most under rated fishiery in the province.
P.S... I don't recommend eating many fish from the NSR.

Talking moose
05-01-2017, 08:22 PM
Nudist beach????:test:

waterninja
05-01-2017, 08:23 PM
River is open all year or if you are talking ice it's is ice free. Not sure where you want to fish but Devon has a nice spot or two. Just upstream from the bridge Devon side of the river there's a nice small back eddy there. Just around the corner from the nudest beach (cotton tail landing) there is a real nice back eddy there just before the big cliffs, caught a few nice fish there! Just don't go there on a nice sunny day lol, because unfortunately there is mostly old dudes hang out there lol.

???? old dudes???
Show some respect sonny.

Trout_er
05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
I caught 3 suckers today on the river. Sent them back but are they edible? Has anyone tried them? Your experience please.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

neilsledder
05-02-2017, 06:47 AM
???? old dudes???

Show some respect sonny.

Yah old dudes lol! They are not young hot women standing there naked unfortunately. Just saggy old guys and the odd saggy old lady. Sorry if you're one of the saggy old men standing there lol

338 Rules
05-02-2017, 07:50 AM
I caught 3 suckers today on the river. Sent them back but are they edible? Has anyone tried them? Your experience please.

Are they Redhorse Suckers?

If they are yes I have, flaky white meat very tasty actually. I do not believe there is a limit on them either, but I am not sure.

Trout_er
05-02-2017, 07:55 AM
Are they Redhorse Suckers?

If they are yes I have, flaky white meat very tasty actually. I do not believe there is a limit on them either, but I am not sure.
I'm not sure. I've attached some pics for identification. Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170502/f511ea606659ec915a4595ae11bd7edf.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170502/16508cfe296964bd434e8f164dfe138e.jpg

338 Rules
05-02-2017, 08:03 AM
This is a Redhorse Sucker, my guess is that your is a White Sucker

http://i.imgur.com/ait38yzl.jpg

waterninja
05-02-2017, 08:30 AM
Yah old dudes lol! They are not young hot women standing there naked unfortunately. Just saggy old guys and the odd saggy old lady. Sorry if you're one of the saggy old men standing there lol

OMG, this is getting creepy. I thought you were complaining about old dudes crowding you at your fishing spot. Didn't realise you were talking about glassing naked old dudes. Were any of them shore fishing? lol

neilsledder
05-02-2017, 10:21 AM
OMG, this is getting creepy. I thought you were complaining about old dudes crowding you at your fishing spot. Didn't realise you were talking about glassing naked old dudes. Were any of them shore fishing? lol

No I gotta drive by in the jet boat lol. Sadly there's a good fishing spot just up from them.