PDA

View Full Version : Going to West Arm on Kootenay lake

deanna
05-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Going to the West Arm on Kootenay Lake at the end of the month. We have a cabin booked for 3 weeks. I here the Kokanee r back. Any one with any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

ward
05-07-2017, 05:49 PM
I have no insight, but if the Kokanee are back I am looking forward to a Gerrard recovery.

deschambault
05-08-2017, 07:42 AM
The Kokanee are NOT back and the Gerrards are long and skinny with big heads.

Angler2
05-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Going to the West Arm on Kootenay Lake at the end of the month. We have a cabin booked for 3 weeks. I here the Kokanee r back. Any one with any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Heading to Kootenay Lake next weekend myself (Kaslo area). There is some good information to be had on Reel Angling Fishing Report by Kerry Reed (local guide) West arm kokanee fishery is only open first two days of each month until July. They are catching rainbows and bulls. Gerard fishery still in trouble and likely take years to recover. They won't recover until the kokanee numbers recover. Still one of my favourite lakes!

EZM
05-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Heading to Kootenay Lake next weekend myself (Kaslo area). There is some good information to be had on Reel Angling Fishing Report by Kerry Reed (local guide) West arm kokanee fishery is only open first two days of each month until July. They are catching rainbows and bulls. Gerard fishery still in trouble and likely take years to recover. They won't recover until the kokanee numbers recover. Still one of my favourite lakes!

There are a few fishing guide businesses with the same name so I have included the proper link below.

I suspect some other outfits are using his good name to promote their own operation.

Kerry runs a real business, with real top of the line equipment, puts his clients on fish and is licensed and qualified. This business is exclusive to BC. He had this business for many many years before other outfits sprung up fraudulently and unethically using his name and trying to hitch a ride on his coat tails and his excellent reputation in the industry.

His guide service is the original Reel Adventures Sport Fishing Charters.

Here's the link ....

http://reeladventuresfishing.com/

deanna
05-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Thanx guys, My bud got these May 1, Kokanee around 3 pounds. Do you need a cargo net for a pick up in BC or is a tarp good enough

wildwoods
05-13-2017, 04:06 PM
There are a few fishing guide businesses with the same name so I have included the proper link below.

I suspect some other outfits are using his good name to promote their own operation.

Kerry runs a real business, with real top of the line equipment, puts his clients on fish and is licensed and qualified. This business is exclusive to BC. He had this business for many many years before other outfits sprung up fraudulently and unethically using his name and trying to hitch a ride on his coat tails and his excellent reputation in the industry.

His guide service is the original Reel Adventures Sport Fishing Charters.

Here's the link ....

http://reeladventuresfishing.com/

Did not know that. I followed Rodney from reel fishing adventures until he retired this year. Crazy that people used spin off names.

ward
05-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Thanx guys, My bud got these May 1, Kokanee around 3 pounds. Do you need a cargo net for a pick up in BC or is a tarp good enough

Nice catch !

deanna
06-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Lots of Kokanee, Rainbows & bulls n the Arm but the main lake is still sick. Still lots of fun catching plenty in 5-10 pound range. Limited out on kokanee in 2 hours, Wont let me upload pics sorry POS

Travco1
06-09-2017, 09:25 PM
From shore throw a 3" rainbow pattern plug , I get the odd nice 2-3 lb rainbow
Live Target works great