PDA

View Full Version : Motorguide W55 wireless trolling motor opinions?

bat119
05-12-2017, 08:41 AM
I have the opportunity to purchase a NIB W55 trolling motor for a good price however I am leery of the "wireless" option. Most of the reviews I found online are positive but there are a few that claim the motor controls to be unresponsive. Does anybody have one of these ?
Also if anybody out there has one could you post the dimensions of the mounting plate I want to make sure it will fit on my boat.

Okotokian
05-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I've got one. It works fine, just as a wired version does except you can use it from anywhere in the boat. But to be honest I don't use it much as I also have a gas kicker I use more often for trolling. Not sure I need three different motors on my boat.

JohninAB
05-12-2017, 09:07 AM
I had one for 6 years on my boat. Wireless worked very well, never an issue with it.

bat119
05-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Good to know thanks guys

It was purchased with a boat and never used the guy used a gas kicker instead.

Walleyedude
05-12-2017, 09:29 AM
I had a Motorguide W75 and it was a great trolling motor. The wireless function was excellent. Very responsive, always worked, and I really like the small remote.

The motor itself was very good, it was quiet, good on batteries, and never an issue.

If you can get a W55 for a good deal, I'd jump on it.

skidderman
05-12-2017, 10:08 AM
I had one and the mother board died. Fortunately it died a few days before warranty was up. You won't see me with a motorguide again.

Gilligan
05-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Had mine since 09 and no issues with it . I really like the wireless option and use it whenever I go out . I also have the FOB size remote . Never skipped a beat . I would recommend it to anyone

couleefolk
05-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Had an older model Motorguide (maybe a Laser model?) with wireless, worked really good, until my father lost the foot pedal, and replacements are not available anymore. The thought never crossed my mind to tie it to the boat. Switched to a wired Minnkota after that, the cord reaches anywhere in the front half of the boat.