PDA

View Full Version : Chestermere Lake?

EdvinTheKid
05-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Hello, we are planning to go to Chestermere Lake to fish for some Pike and I was wondering if anyone has been there lately?

How is the water level by the canal? If anyone has been there within this past week, feel free to tell me how the water level was.

Crankbait
05-12-2017, 12:34 PM
go to dalemead and walk and chuck a rapala. start at the outlet and work your way to the right and back. you'll catch more and have near perfect privacy/quiet. sorta same distance

EdvinTheKid
05-12-2017, 01:46 PM
go to dalemead and walk and chuck a rapala. start at the outlet and work your way to the right and back. you'll catch more and have near perfect privacy/quiet. sorta same distance

Yeah I have heard of that place. I guess ill try out Dalemead. How big are the Pike (I hear there are some big boys in there :P)

Whats the water level on that? Isnt it like super shallow in some places?

And correct me if I am wrong, but the rules are: 3 Pike (No size limit?)

EZM
05-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Yeah I have heard of that place. I guess ill try out Dalemead. How big are the Pike (I hear there are some big boys in there :P)

Whats the water level on that? Isnt it like super shallow in some places?

And correct me if I am wrong, but the rules are: 3 Pike (No size limit?)

Sorry Kid - YES you are wrong - any Pike kept need to be larger than 63 cm. Here's a cut n' paste directly from the regs .....

Chestermere Lake l May 8 to Mar. 15 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15. l Mar. 16 to May 7 – CLOSED

I kindly suggest you download the regs, understand how/where to find the information you may be looking for specific to a lake or river you want to fish and follow the guidelines.

I would also warn you when asking about legal or regulations related questions on this (or any) forum (for the most part) that you can't always trust what people say to you.

This is the internet and there are lots of people out there giving false / stupid / dangerous / illegal advice. You should always try and look it up yourself, or only accept advice from people providing real backup (not just opinion, conjecture or interpretation).

I used to fish Chestermere quite a bit when I lived in Calgary for a quick and easy lake to spend a few hours. This lake is pretty fun and the hammer handles pike are willing and easy to catch - so have fun !!

EdvinTheKid
05-13-2017, 12:08 AM
Sorry Kid - YES you are wrong - any Pike kept need to be larger than 63 cm. Here's a cut n' paste directly from the regs .....

Chestermere Lake l May 8 to Mar. 15 – Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15. l Mar. 16 to May 7 – CLOSED

I kindly suggest you download the regs, understand how/where to find the information you may be looking for specific to a lake or river you want to fish and follow the guidelines.

I would also warn you when asking about legal or regulations related questions on this (or any) forum (for the most part) that you can't always trust what people say to you.

This is the internet and there are lots of people out there giving false / stupid / dangerous / illegal advice. You should always try and look it up yourself, or only accept advice from people providing real backup (not just opinion, conjecture or interpretation).

I used to fish Chestermere quite a bit when I lived in Calgary for a quick and easy lake to spend a few hours. This lake is pretty fun and the hammer handles pike are willing and easy to catch - so have fun !!

I am fully aware of the rules at Chestermere Lake. I was asking about the rules at Dalemead Lake (Which I was also able to figure out by looking at the provincial regs, 3 pike over 63cm)

I have both a downloaded and a paperback version of the regs and I know the rules quite well. I was only asking about Dalemead as I couldnt find it in the regs.

EZM
05-14-2017, 04:10 PM
I am fully aware of the rules at Chestermere Lake. I was asking about the rules at Dalemead Lake (Which I was also able to figure out by looking at the provincial regs, 3 pike over 63cm)

I have both a downloaded and a paperback version of the regs and I know the rules quite well. I was only asking about Dalemead as I couldnt find it in the regs.

sorry ....

If the lake is nor specifically listed under the regulations, that means there is no amendment to that watershed, and therefore, it would fall under that province wide regulations as amended to that watershed management zone.

EdvinTheKid
05-14-2017, 04:52 PM
sorry ....

If the lake is nor specifically listed under the regulations, that means there is no amendment to that watershed, and therefore, it would fall under that province wide regulations as amended to that watershed management zone.

Yes I was able to figure it out after some researching. Thanks for the help though!